MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Soundmachines EuroTouch 2019
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Soundmachines EuroTouch 2019
diffrentstrolks
I think these deserve their own thread:

https://www.sound-machines.it/cms/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/soundmach ines-EuroTouch-2019.p3.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1QvEBfTPDqIXhG-LtNpx73rX-XHsiCbl Ci1NF9E1SxJrSiY8rq8yMVVB4

14 new modules through July, August and September woah

I believe they had 4 of the EuroTouch modules at Superbooth. Any hands-on impressions? Any ideas on pricing? Might be nice if Soundmachines offers to sell sets, as well as a la carte (i.e EuroTouch Utilities, Eurotouch Sound Generators, etc...)

A case full of synced lightstrips doing their thing boggles; thoughts?
Umcorps
Well, my first thought is that I would be more impressed if they did the work they still need to do to make Arches conform to the specs they promised it would have before they start dicking around with all of this. angry
brandonlogic
are the vcos, filters and distortions fully digital?
erstlaub
Umcorps wrote:
Well, my first thought is that I would be more impressed if they did the work they still need to do to make Arches conform to the specs they promised it would have before they start dicking around with all of this. angry

Totally this ^
MarcelP
erstlaub wrote:
Umcorps wrote:

Totally this ^

Totally totally this ^
thebrotherspus
MarcelP wrote:
erstlaub wrote:
Umcorps wrote:

Totally this ^

Totally totally this ^

Totally totally totally this ^
Demi Jon
thebrotherspus wrote:
MarcelP wrote:
erstlaub wrote:
Umcorps wrote:

Totally this ^

Totally totally this ^

Totally totally totally this ^

And also the amazing plain old, 'more modular' LS-1 seems likely to be discontinued -- it seems to be out of stock nearly everywhere.
soundmachines
Hi to everyone, a couple of important things:

LS1 are not and will not be discontinued. It's our best selling module and we just keeping manufacture those. Currently we shipped several to PerfectCircuit in the US and other dealers in EU. If you are in europe you can also order directly through the website. They are in stock right now.

The new line, reagrding to development resources, has nothing to do with arches and there are no overlaps.

I don't know if everyone here have the link to the arches subforum on our official site. If not please go there. I'm just discussing / responding to several people about improvements these days (after superbooth busy times). I want to point out that after 1.0 firmware delivery, we are talking now about UI improvements and not any more about serious lacks of functions/bugs. I hope that everyone here updated the firmware!

Link: http://www.sound-machines.it/forums/forum/products/arches/

Back to Eurotouch: the first modules will start to surface in July (4 or 5, we will see).
A first evaluation of BOM and assembly costs lead us to place the products in the 200+VAT price range but this is to be confirmed.

As soon as the production design is fixed (also estetic modifications) I will post updates and publish official product pages on the website (and links here).

Regarding tech side: EuroTouch is dsp based, and a careful platform architecture and routing /component population of the boards make possible to have very different module types using the same 'construction bricks' .

Thanks for the interest!
brandonlogic
soundmachines wrote:

Regarding tech side: EuroTouch is dsp based, and a careful platform architecture and routing /component population of the boards make possible to have very different module types using the same 'construction bricks' .

Thanks for the interest!

Does this mean the modules that have the same panels’s firmwares will be interchangeable?
thebrotherspus
soundmachines wrote:
...we are talking now about UI improvements and not any more about serious lacks of functions...

Hmmm. There are a lot of posts on the Soundmachines Arches forum that beg to differ. One of the main selling points of the arches was recording and looping finger movements which is still not implemented. Personally, that's the only reason I bought the thing, so it is essentially useless to me at the moment and a massive waste of money.... it would be nice if you could respond to some of the recent posts over on the Soundmachines forum.
soundmachines
thebrotherspus wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
...we are talking now about UI improvements and not any more about serious lacks of functions...

Hmmm. There are a lot of posts on the Soundmachines Arches forum that beg to differ. One of the main selling points of the arches was recording and looping finger movements which is still not implemented. Personally, that's the only reason I bought the thing, so it is essentially useless to me at the moment and a massive waste of money.... it would be nice if you could respond to some of the recent posts over on the Soundmachines forum.

You are right, to be precise this feature AND the quantization of single sliders.
Those are the features we were working on in the last weeks.
The firmware is not ready to deliver, also because we are addressing minor (i.e. complex context and rarely happening issues) stuff that needs testing but the basic features are already in.
We will deliver the last features in the next weeks, timing is to be fixed during the next days. Obviously I am not talking about UI improvements and extra features, for which we will have more time to decide on and to implement.
soundmachines
brandonlogic wrote:
soundmachines wrote:

Thanks for the interest!

Does this mean the modules that have the same panels’s firmwares will be interchangeable?

No, as said the pcb are the same, the component values, mounting options (to implement dedicated routing for each kind of signal) are different!
thebrotherspus
soundmachines wrote:
thebrotherspus wrote:
soundmachines wrote:

You are right, to be precise this feature AND the quantization of single sliders.
Those are the features we were working on in the last weeks.
The firmware is not ready to deliver, also because we are addressing minor (i.e. complex context and rarely happening issues) stuff that needs testing but the basic features are already in.
We will deliver the last features in the next weeks, timing is to be fixed during the next days. Obviously I am not talking about UI improvements and extra features, for which we will have more time to decide on and to implement.

Thank you for replying. It is much appreciated.
Demi Jon
soundmachines wrote:
LS1 are not and will not be discontinued. It's our best selling module and we just keeping manufacture those.

SlayerBadger!
dooj88
brandonlogic wrote:
soundmachines wrote:

Thanks for the interest!

could've been some serious competition for the disting
dooj88
brandonlogic wrote:
soundmachines wrote:

Thanks for the interest!

could've been some serious competition for the disting
diffrentstrolks
2 months later; any updates on the Eurotouch lineup?

I'm more than ok with these not having interchangeable firmwarez (Nozoid Nozori did this with with a 2hp expander and swappable faceplates and many seemed down on the idea); just hoping price is right so people can obtain a few in one purchase for syncing/fun purposes.

Since there are 14 of them, it would be interesting to eventually see "bundles" of 3 or 4 complimentary modules offered at a slight discount vs. a la carte.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1