MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LPG --> bandpass, highpass response? multimode gate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author LPG --> bandpass, highpass response? multimode gate
artilect99
Hi all,
does anyone know of a way to obtain a bandpass or highpass response from a Buchla 292 -style LPG?

Specifically I have a quad thomas white LPG that I am wondering if I can mod somehow.

I have heard that inverting the LPG output and mixing with the source signal yields a highpass response, is this true? (My polarizing mixer is in the shop right now so I haven't been able to check since reading this).

And then a bandpass would mean highpass -> lowpass in series?

Does anyone know how the boogie filter obtained BP and HP modes, or is this a different filter topology from a 292-style LPG that just happens to use vactrols?
vtl5c3
This might be a good resource to start with:

http://www.birthofasynth.com/Scott_Stites/Pages/mutant_main.html
astroschnautzer
its a sallen key filter so basically you should be able to get high pass by swapping the place of the two resistors and capacitors in the filter circuit, this could be done with a switch. bandpass by just swapping one resistor with one cap IIRC. Google sallen key filter and check your lpg schematics, should be relatively easy. If I have understood this correctly, never tested it, just thought about doing this at some point ....
artilect99
Yeah, I came across that page searching google. The Mutant Vactrol was several 292c LPGs wired into a Sallen-Key filter topology (in theory anyway).

I was thinking with a quad LPG you basically have 4 separate "poles" that could be patched into various filter responses using polarizing mixers and a lot of patch cables. How to actually do it, or whether its possible, is eluding me at the moment.

Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1