MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Aggressive FM experiment
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Aggressive FM experiment
lauprellim
Hello Friends! I offer an experiment with some FM, VCAs and lots of delay. The basic idea was to frequency modulate two Pittsburgh Modular Primary Oscillators, open up two ADSRs in sequence, and then pass the whole gnarled mess through two delay lines. I wouldn't say this is up to prime time yet but I'm working towards it!

http://theoryofpaul.net/eurorack/krell-helicopters.mp3
zengomi
First impression: I made something similar!

Second impression: So nicely loud. How did you get that volume level?

Third impression: Kindred spirit.
lauprellim
zengomi wrote:

Hi! Listened to your “lamentation” — nice stuff. The rapid changes of space (dry <—> reverberant) are quite unexpected and effective. Also the pauses are paced almost like breaths (especially in the beginning) giving one the impression of a certain amount of vocal pacing. Well done!

How did I get the volume level on my track? I think part of it is the Pittsburgh modular oscillators which seem naturally to have a particularly full output. Other than that I can only say that I normalized the dynamic levels in Logic before saving, which is a trivial operation but one that seems to produce a pretty loud final product.
zengomi
lauprellim wrote:
zengomi wrote:

Hi! Listened to your “lamentation” — nice stuff. The rapid changes of space (dry <—> reverberant) are quite unexpected and effective. Also the pauses are paced almost like breaths (especially in the beginning) giving one the impression of a certain amount of vocal pacing. Well done!

How did I get the volume level on my track? I think part of it is the Pittsburgh modular oscillators which seem naturally to have a particularly full output. Other than that I can only say that I normalized the dynamic levels in Logic before saving, which is a trivial operation but one that seems to produce a pretty loud final product.

Hello!

Thank you for listening and commenting! "Lamentation" is my first generative piece, but I did incorporate some tried and trusted patching, e.g., the wet/dry. The pauses were nursed along during patching and sealed the deal.

Do you do generative?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1