MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modules like the top section of Joranalogue switch 4
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Modules like the top section of Joranalogue switch 4
erik5
I recently got the Joranalogue switch 4, and am beyond loving having this great switch for routing cv.

Im particularly finding useful the top part of the module where I can combine any 2 of the 4 inputs, each with a switch on each output. Ideally, I would love to have a module that only does this, and have many many of them, so I can combine my various cv sources on the fly for many fun results.

Does anybody have any suggestions on modules that might fit the bill? Thanks!

Nino
Frequency Central WHERE (maybe plus something like the Malekko Unity Mix)?
Idunno
Doesn't the Doepfer A-182 Switched Multiples do something like this? Switching lots of inputs/outputs between two busses.
erik5
Great suggestions!

The frequency central where is essentiaply what I want, but its the same HP as the switch 4, but the switch 4 already has the mixer part built into it + the variable switches on every output.

The A-182 has switches, but its just a multiple correct? Im trying to sum 2 different cvs together so that might not work
CaneMan
Can't think of any other modules precisely like that. Maybe Doepfer's A-150-8 Octal VC/Manual Programmable Switch or the Acid Rain Switchblade. Not what you're asking for, but you could probably patch them up to suit your needs.
JohnLRice
Nice, that's a cool looking switch!
Idunno
erik5 wrote:
Great suggestions!

The frequency central where is essentiaply what I want, but its the same HP as the switch 4, but the switch 4 already has the mixer part built into it + the variable switches on every output.

The A-182 has switches, but its just a multiple correct? Im trying to sum 2 different cvs together so that might not work

Yeah, I guess so. I'm more of a diy guy and it's easy to enough to modify things like this and CV mixers for this sort of work.

How about the Pittsburgh Switch? Lots of routing of CV & Gate on that.

Edit - opps! that looks like it's out of production. I'll get me coat!

cg_funk
Have you seen the Extra Mullet? It doesn't give you ALL the combination options, but it might fit the bill as it gives you 7 simultaneous combos.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/noise-engineering-extra-mullet
erik5
cg_funk wrote:
Have you seen the Extra Mullet? It doesn't give you ALL the combination options, but it might fit the bill as it gives you 7 simultaneous combos.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/noise-engineering-extra-mullet

This is a cool one! I could possibly use this with some switches to route various combos of the mult into my CV ins
erik5
Idunno wrote:
erik5 wrote:
Great suggestions!

Yeah, I guess so. I'm more of a diy guy and it's easy to enough to modify things like this and CV mixers for this sort of work.

dang, that pittsburgh switch looks like something I would be very into!

Unfortunately my hands are clumsier than playdough so I'm not much of a DIY person : /
Idunno
erik5 wrote:
Idunno wrote:
erik5 wrote:
Great suggestions!

dang, that pittsburgh switch looks like something I would be very into!

Unfortunately my hands are clumsier than playdough so I'm not much of a DIY person : /

The only other thing I can think of is to mult yer CV's to a few A-185-2 Precision Adders.

Or, Precision Adders preceded by &/or followed by the aforementioned Switched Multiples.

JohnLRice
One thing you might consider, if you are willing to have a small 5U case 4 MU wide, might be the Moon Modular 592 Modularion Matrix?
http://www.lunar-experience.com/download/592_2s.pdf
euromorcego
most of the suggested modules don't do the mixing. Including this one (which really ist just a bunch of passive rotary switches, but still use- and powerful): https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tesseract-modular-8x8-buffered-matrix

Maybe if you combine it with a small mixer (2 times 4 inputs) you can quickly switch and combine different cv sources.

Of course you could also just use a matrix mixer, maybe with an additional mute before the inputs. Or even just a regular mixer with some mutes?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1