MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

AMALGAMOD - 2019 Ultralight System
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author AMALGAMOD - 2019 Ultralight System
amalgamod
Hi!

Here's a peek at the final prototype of our new Ultralight System! Available as an airline carry-on compatible 6U/104HP and 12U/104HP travel case but also in various studio configurations using our new mounting system. There are a few minor tweaks but it will be basically as you see it here.

I should mention that the first 3 batches have been pre-ordered so new orders will take around 6 months to deliver. Thanks to everyone on the wait list for being so patient. There were many twists and turns in the development of this design but I am finally ready to release it into the wild with the first units shipping next week.

I'll follow up with studio pics, specs, pricing and full description in 2-3 weeks. In the meantime if you'd like pricing, drop us a line via amalgamod.com/contact.

12U/104HP Ultralight Folding Case Features:

• Lightweight Design
• Matte Black Anodised Aluminium
• EVA High Density Handle Grip
• M3 Tapped Strips
• Closes with Patch Intact
• Separates into 2 x 6U/104HP Cases
• 8 x Modular I/O Slots (4 per 6U)
• 3 Position Busboard Mounting

Optional:

• Heavy Duty Protective Soft Case + Quick Release Shoulder Strap
• Low Noise Active Busboard (2 Isolated Zones)
• I/O Modules: USB Power Socket, Blanking Panel
• Future I/O Modules: 12 Ch Trunk Line (IDC26), 8 Ch Balanced Output (DB25), MIDI/CV/Gate
• 2 x USB LED Lamps with 3 x Brightness Setting
• Forthcoming Range of Accessories: Desktop/Wallmount/Side Opening (TBA)

Dimensions:

• 550 x 340 x 220mm (inc. soft case)
• 80mm Between Face Plates (when closed)
• 60mm Internal Depth (48mm over Busboard, 42mm over I/O Modules)

Weight:

• 12U Folding Case - 4.8kg (inc. busboards)
• 12U Protective Cover - 0.8kg

Busboard Features:

• Low Profile Design
• 6 Layer PCB with dedicated layers for +12V/-12V/+5V and 3 layers for 0V
• Low Noise Post Switching Regulators
• 2 Zone Isolation
• 24 x Output Headers
• 4 x I/O Headers (5V/0V/CV/Gate)
• +12V@2A/-12V@1.5A/+5V@1A

Koryo
Good job.
Roni
Looking good. Can't wait for mine.
induktor
Beautiful work Ian! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one!
void23
Looks great! Wish I was in the market for a new case.
CaneMan
Adding another "wish I was in the market for a new case". That's a beautiful piece of kit.
mick
Stunning case, great work!
cackland
Nice work. What is the dimensions between the 6U? Wondering if there is space for detachable 1U slot.?
Biom
Looks fantastic! SlayerBadger!
Will the 6u be the half of 12u case or deeper?
selfdestroyer
Damn these look awesome!
boramx
ace!

think i'm chill w/my ABS folding case though. still a pleasure....

something wonderful
moogah
Very interested to know the cost of getting one of these to the US, sent a message via the contact form.
dooj88
i've been watching the progress of these cases since you announced them.. what? over a year ago? gotta say i'm impressed with the dedication to get this to where it is today. not in the market at the moment, but if i find the need in the future i'll be ordering from your store.
Chartreuse-J
I'd buy one in a second if you sold these in anodized orange for a Harvestman case.

Seriously...
amalgamod
cackland wrote:
Nice work. What is the dimensions between the 6U? Wondering if there is space for detachable 1U slot.?

There's an 80mm gap between boats when the case is closed. There is space for a 1U row between boats but it wouldn't be able to be closed with a patch intact unless you were to use right angle cables. I've had a few people ask about a 7U/14U version however the case would need to be side opening (book style) to keep within carry-on dimensions. I'll need to fulfill my backorders for 12U folding version before I can look at it.
amalgamod
Biom wrote:
Looks fantastic! SlayerBadger!
Will the 6u be the half of 12u case or deeper?

The 6U version uses the same boat as the 12U and will come with it's own protective cover (back pack/shoulder bag). The busboards can also be moved under either row to allow the full 60mm depth in that area which will accommodate most modules.
amalgamod
boramx wrote:
ace!

think i'm chill w/my ABS folding case though. still a pleasure....

something wonderful

good to hear! smile
amalgamod
dooj88 wrote:
i've been watching the progress of these cases since you announced them.. what? over a year ago? gotta say i'm impressed with the dedication to get this to where it is today. not in the market at the moment, but if i find the need in the future i'll be ordering from your store.

It's been a long road that's for sure... Most of that time was spent on the PSU of which there was several versions but for one reason or another I needed to change the design (mainly cost reasons). However in that time I kept tinkering with the case design and it's much better now than it was a year ago. I must say I came very close to giving up so I'm relieved to have made it this far.
amalgamod
Chartreuse-J wrote:
I'd buy one in a second if you sold these in anodized orange for a Harvestman case.

Seriously...

My anodisers are local so it's not out of the question! I need to focus on getting the first two batches out but after that (say 6 months) we can look at other colours. See below for options:

pekbro
One of the best designs I have seen, amazing job getting it to production! SlayerBadger!
Possibly, I can see one of these in my future thumbs up
ipnoteca
can't wait to receive mine!

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Multiverse_Eros
Wow, this looks perfect! I wanted something with some color and more depth than my 12U 150HP MDLR.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1