MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual Divide & Logic - 2 x 1FW Modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Dual Divide & Logic - 2 x 1FW Modules
BugBrand
These are out now - fairly small initial batch, but will build more as required::::
[edit - note - I don't put stock online - email me!!]

Dual Divide - two joined integer dividers, offering divisions from 2 through to 9, and capable of running at audio rates.

Logic - Four logic utilities - a pair of inverter/flip-flops up top, and a pair of XOR/OR/AND processors below.

chrisdermo
Will the inverters at the top of the logic module invert any waveform or will it only produce gate signals from the input (comparators on those inputs?)
chrisdermo
Oh and also love love love
Can't wait to play these bad boys! Been using and abusing the QDiv and CLK3a a lot recently so will be great to add these for greater variations w00t
BugBrand
It is a logic invert - so 0 / 1 becomes 1 / 0.
With an lfo, for example, it would give 0 when the signal is above c.+1V and give 1 when below.
[1 meaning c.+10V, 0 meaning 0V]
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
It is a logic invert - so 0 / 1 becomes 1 / 0.
With an lfo, for example, it would give 0 when the signal is above c.+1V and give 1 when below.
[1 meaning c.+10V, 0 meaning 0V]

Awesome! Running those at varying audio rates is gonna be great fun w00t
BugBrand
Remembering also that XOR is sometimes used as a digital ring-mod.
In fact, AND/OR/XOR all give interestingly different results when mixing two sources (eg. audio rate VCOs)
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
Remembering also that XOR is sometimes used as a digital ring-mod.
In fact, AND/OR/XOR all give interestingly different results when mixing two sources (eg. audio rate VCOs)

Ooooh so this might shut me up about a ring mod for a while hihi
BugBrand
Crap, I'd forgotten that I'd sketched out a 1FW RingMod idea! Hmm, yet another proto added to the todo list..
lud
These both look wonderful - packed with goodness!
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
Crap, I'd forgotten that I'd sketched out a 1FW RingMod idea! Hmm, yet another proto added to the todo list..

Yes that was one of my sly bi-monthly nudges hihi
lud
BugBrand wrote:

No complaints here!!
batchas
These 1FW modules look great. Nice addition applause
BugBrand
lud wrote:
BugBrand wrote:

No complaints here!!

Haha, last night I thought I'd look back at this and, very much to my surprise, I found that I had already drawn out a complete schematic and then promptly forgotten about it!
/\/\/\/
eek!

who knows what other wonders are laying on Tom's desk.

Looking good!
chrisdermo
fun modules! Dual divider is a great little playable polyrhythm generator! The combo of 4 dividers, logic, diode director and DDSR is really versatile! Stacks of patterns and possibilities.

Tried out the xor as ring mod too - that's definitely a timbre that doesn't exist elsewhere in the post 2016 system, nice! Or and and interesting too but I like xor best. Neat!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1