MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How to sync sp404 & pocket operators with eurorack ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author How to sync sp404 & pocket operators with eurorack ?
Saladolar
Hi everyone !

I’m about to build my first eurorack case and I’m looking for the best way to sync my future system with my roland sp404 and my TE pocket operators.

Basically, I would like to push a button or something to start (and stop) the sp404 and PO sequencers in sync with the modular of course.

I thought about Mutable Yarns, Pamela with expander, Erica synth midi<-->clk, Hermod... I spent A LOT of time looking for a solution but I still don't know how to do very frustrating

These midi things are killing me…

Thank you !
ggillon
For the PO:

Basically set the correct sync mode SY2 for example and press play.

The PO will be positionned on step 1 but won't play.

As soon as you send the gates/triggers/clicks the PO will play in sync. So you could simply set up a gate sequence that will be used to start/stop the PO. More here:

please note: for external triggering make sure you use the right sync polarity, and that you use a signal that is maximum 5 Vpp (volt peak-to peak). any stronger signals need to be reduced before they can be used. failing to do so may harm the input and will not be covered by warranty.
jjterbeek
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/lpzw-modules-teenage-engineering-po-32-t onic
Saladolar
Thank you ggillon ! It seems quite easy to sync POs and no need of a dedicated module.

To sync my sp404 : according to erica synth, the midi-clk module should work (needs to be clocked though). And Mrs Gillet told me Yarns would do the trick too.

Do you think Pamela and its midi expander would work too ? Any other cheapest options ?
brandonlogic
Saladolar wrote:

Do you think Pamela and its midi expander would work too ? Any other cheapest options ?

It outputs midi clock so no reason it wouldn’t.
I use it with my digitone and digitakt all the time.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1