MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting Mk4: algo J1- better way to change MIDI files?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting Mk4: algo J1- better way to change MIDI files?
mahler007
Hi,
Having a lot of un with the J1 Clocked MIDI File Playback algorithm.

Apologies if this is a daft question, but is there a better way to change the selected MIDI file on the fly other than turning the Z knob? It's quite tricky to nail the correct file, especially when there are several to choose from.

Is it possible to use a MIDI pedal of some sort, configured to work with the MIDI breakout module?

Another idea: perhaps one could cycle upwards through the MIDI file library on the Disting's card by pressing the Z knob instead of rotating it? This seems like it would be a much more accurate method, allowing for better timing and accuracy, especially in a performance situation.

Thanks for all that you do!

Cheers,
Andrew
os
Z can always be controlled by MIDI, so that's an option.

But it would probably be easier to give it a parameter, like J-3 has, so you can select the file from the encoder.
mahler007
Thanks for your suggestion re using J-3. I definitely see how using the S encoder could be more effective.

I guess my only other question is if I were to go that route, how could I sync the MIDI file to my clock that's running various other sequencers, etc? Could I run a clock signal into the X or Z CV inputs?

Sorry if these are elemental questions — still quite a newb over here. Thank you for your time!

Best,
Andrew
os
My suggestion was that I add a parameter to J-1. You can't supply a clock to J-3.
mahler007
ahhhh... OK, so if I'm understanding you correctly, this is something that *you* as the Disting's prime mover would need to implement, and not something that I could do myself as an end user.

If that's the case, then yes — I hope you might consider something like this in the next fw update.

Please set me straight if I'm wrong, otherwise, thanks again.

Cheers,
A
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1