MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What's your favorite reverb?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author What's your favorite reverb?
jdaddyaz
I'd say that as far as efx go, reverb is probably my favorite. Really interested to hear what are your people's favorite reverb device (pedal, vst, module, or whatever). I don't have any individual reverb units, so as far as my favoite goes, it's going to have to be Valhalla's Vintage, and room one's.
rowsbywoof
Quantec Yardstick for rooms
Ursa Major Space Station for weirder, dirtier, stuff

These two are pretty much my go-to verbs for out of the box.

ITB I’d say Valhalla takes the win, followed by the Eventide reverbs for me.
Michael O.
Always a horses for courses sort of consideration, but my personal favorites in general are the Lexicon 224 (for most applications) and the 300 (for more overtly clean things). The AMS is fantastic, but not as general purpose, at least in my work.

The Valhalla Vintage verb definitely has some of that vintage Lexicon character, excellent as far as software verbs go.

Also not technically a dedicated reverb unit, but a short and dense echo can make for some pretty nice verb in a mix. Combined with proper verb you can cover a lot.
MindMachine
edit - totally Bogarted the OP's question.

I am using a budget TC M300 and it is in a sense too clean. I am using it with an old budget Alesis Microverb III for much darker reverbs. I removed those from my chain.

Now I have a few Zoom units for weird and dark budget reverbs. Am considering a Kurzweil Rumour for middle of the budget reverb, since I cant justify an Eventide 2016.
GuyaGuy
Probably the spring reverb on the SRE-555 Space Echo because of the gain and EQ control. For more hi-fi stuff I use Ableton's Reverb, which is super versatile, especially if you pair it with other effects.
Idunno
As this is in General Gear, I'll say my favourite reverbs are the ones on old records that I can't seem to replicate any which way. Big plate reverbs and dedicated reverb rooms in the studios that made my favourite records.

I have a Lexicon PCM60 that I really hate 'cos it sounds so '80's. It's perfect for that, but not perfect for me. I was hoping that it was gonna sound like the PCM70 that I once hired, that sounded brilliant. But it didn't (yeah I know, I should sell it and get the other). The PCM70 was amazing. Dialed it in, any setting, and it just sat in the mix perfectly with no additional processing required.

I also have a TC Electronic Reverb 4000 which is pretty good, but I still can't get the ultimate reverb sounds I'm looking for.

I'm thinking of building a stereo spring reverb, but I got so many diy projects on the go that I've been thinking about it for years now, probably decades.

I'm such a perfectionist it does my nut in.

mush
In my studio I tend to use TC M3000, Kurzweil Rumour, Lexicon Pcm80 and Eventide Eclipse most. But as my time in the studio has lately been reduced to almost nothing, I make stuff mainly on a laptop. The most used software reverb I own is Soundtoys Little Plate. It is dead simple, but it sounds great with almost everything you throw at it.
ndf
I love the Strymon Flint in the 80's setting with a little tremolo.
VM
Has to be BigSky. Shimmer, Plate and Magneto settings are it's bread and butter, but every so often I throw a bit of choir into the mix - gives bass drones a nice throaty overtone.

If it's guitar we're noodling with, I love the comfy sound of a fender twin reverb on it's own.
lisa
I use D16 Toraverb more than any other. Not that fond of the vintage look but it sounds nice. Audio Damage Eos was my favourite for quite some time but it started crashing so I stopped using it. I just upgraded to Eos 2 and will try it out again.
kragg
The Lexicon LXP15II is a joy to use, a real instrument on its own.
Warm, vibey, deep (but still easy to use) love
You can also patch a bunch of potentiometers on the back to control everything.
verstaerker
I like the Lexicon Alex for short reverbs quite a lot and the TC M3000 for bigger, natural reverbs

I'm not a big fan of the huge eventide reverbs.. they sound just to big in most cases.

I have for. long reverbs an GFI Specular Tempus... sounds awesome for little money!

If I use reverb in the daw I usually go for the Soundsos Litlleplate or Ableton M4L convolution.
peripatitis
I don't have any hardware reverbs anymore.
Adaptiverb and Verberate are my two favorites, I also have a Phoenixverb but I got frustrated with their business models and kind of let it fade. It's a very nice reverb btw but the other two feel a lot more creative to me.
kragg
verstaerker wrote:
I like the Lexicon Alex for short reverbs quite a lot and the TC M3000 for bigger, natural reverbs

+1 for the Alex.
droningspaghettimonster
BAM of course.
Michael O.
Idunno wrote:
As this is in General Gear, I'll say my favourite reverbs are the ones on old records that I can't seem to replicate any which way. Big plate reverbs and dedicated reverb rooms in the studios that made my favourite records.

I have a Lexicon PCM60 that I really hate 'cos it sounds so '80's. It's perfect for that, but not perfect for me. I was hoping that it was gonna sound like the PCM70 that I once hired, that sounded brilliant. But it didn't (yeah I know, I should sell it and get the other). The PCM70 was amazing. Dialed it in, any setting, and it just sat in the mix perfectly with no additional processing required.

I also have a TC Electronic Reverb 4000 which is pretty good, but I still can't get the ultimate reverb sounds I'm looking for.

I'm thinking of building a stereo spring reverb, but I got so many diy projects on the go that I've been thinking about it for years now, probably decades.

I'm such a perfectionist it does my nut in.

Oh man, the pcm70 would top my list were it nor for the 224. I’d say now is as good a time as any to grab one, they’re definitely not getting cheaper or more plentiful, and I’ve never heard a verb manufactured since that truly nails that (very useful) sound. Having said that, I do also love my pcm60 for some things when the other verbs are tied up. The 60 plus a modulatable echo (like the pcm41) in the analog insert path can cover a whole lot of ground.

Forgot to mention, micing up the stairwell or bathroom here at the studio for real hall and room sounds is pretty satisfying. Squashing those chamber mics or even just room mics with the right compressor/limiter can sound absolutely gorgeous and very natural in a mix.
xonetacular
GNSDG
UAD EMT-140 if I have to choose one.

The AMS thing they do is nice too.
Red Electric Rainbow
Lexicon PCM-70
Alesis Midiverb II
BendingBus
Demeter rackmount dual spring reverb. Lush, smooth, analog...almost like a plate, not "boingy" like a traditional spring verb. I've got Eventide (new age / spacey) and Bricasti (realistic ambiances), both useful, but nothing I've heard can do what Demeter does.
rew_
droningspaghettimonster wrote:
BAM of course.

+1
Dave Peck
I use a PCM 70 for lush, not-too-realistic-but-very-musical reverb, and a TC 4000 for more realistic reverb. I'm also getting really good results by making my own reverb patches in a Nord Modular G2 Engine, by combining several different reverb modules along with chorus, detuning etc. in various complex parallel / serial routings.

If I were going to get another hardware reverb I would probably try to locate an Eventide Princeton 2016. Simple, intuitive user interface and it sounds excellent.
vasculator
Eventide Eclipse and all the Valhalla plugins.
thetwlo
Red Electric Rainbow wrote:

Alesis Midiverb II

amazing, how well it holds up!
Blairio
thetwlo wrote:
Red Electric Rainbow wrote:

Alesis Midiverb II

amazing, how well it holds up!

Agreed. I have one, plus a midiverb4. Apart from the midiverb4's smooth reverbs, the way it automatically sets its input and output gain structure at the click of a button is still pretty impressive, even after 20 odd years.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3