MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Schlappi 100 grit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Schlappi 100 grit
oudplayer
One of the more interesting distortion modules for me at Superbooth was the Schlappi 100 grit... It was in prototype phase, and I haven't seen much mention of it here on muffs, but I did manage to capture a brief video that gives some sense of what it does. My favorite bit of it was the exposed bits of the circuit, which allow some interesting human connections between resistors you probably wouldn't otherwise patch. Quite immediate and playable...




motorhead412
This looks and sounds amazing. I regrettably sold my Interstellar Radio to save up for an Angle Grinder (still hasn't happened) and then Schlappi comes up with the 100 Grit. arrrggggh!
reppiks
Schlappi on a roll! Love their concepts and implementation!
I noticed they’ve announced 100 Grit on their website, more info here (need those faceplates on Modular Grid!):
https://schlappiengineering.com/announcing-100-grit/
williamjturkel
So eagerly awaiting this!
TheRosskonian
oudplayer wrote:



Anybody happen to catch what that "Body" module is in the lower left hand corner of the rack? He always seems to have cool prototypes in the case along with the things he's actually demoing, but I know they don't always see the light of day.
motorhead412
oudplayer wrote:

Anybody happen to catch what that "Body" module is in the lower left hand corner of the rack? He always seems to have cool prototypes in the case along with the things he's actually demoing, but I know they don't always see the light of day.


I remember at Knobcon that there was a Two Body module which IIRC, is some kind of oscillator. Maybe Body is the latest prototype of that?
c0rpse
I got to play with the 100 grit at Superbooth. It's super fun and nasty. The touch points add huge possibilities to the performance aspects.

I also love the 100x gain 3 way toggle, with momentary on one side.
turin horsey
Always interesting stuff from Schlappi, sounds remind me a bit of Stereo Field, very cool!
MARK27
For those of you (like me) who have been counting the hours until the 100 Grit goes on sale, the pre-order seems to be live now!

Pre-order the 100 Grit

nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! This is fun! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! This is fun! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! This is fun!
ablearcher


Silver panels (and black) are in, production is underway, these will be shipping by August 12th.

Both silver (aluminum metalphoto) and black versions (PCB) will be available direct from me and also through retailers.

The official page is now up with audio demos and a quickstart guide.

The preorder is now open (as some of you saw already).

Video demos will be coming soon and a in person demo is planned at Modular 8 (in Portland) for August 17th.
ablearcher
100 Grit modules are now officially shipping. You can get them direct from my site or from your favorite retailer.

I put together a demo video showing it's using as a VCA. VCF, and distortion on basslines here:
Richard deHove
Great demo. I really want to get this even though I have crammed and bumped out modules in my current rig. Schlappi Engineerng's Interstellar Radio and Angle Grinder are both fantastic modules - would be great to feed them into 100Grit woah
ignatius
if any of you are in portland this saturday Schlappi is doing a demo of the 100 grit at Modular8. it'll be live streamed too.
kay_k
TheRosskonian wrote:

Anybody happen to catch what that "Body" module is in the lower left hand corner of the rack? He always seems to have cool prototypes in the case along with the things he's actually demoing, but I know they don't always see the light of day.


If I remember right, it was a VCO prototype. At superbooth he didn't seemed to be serious about making it a product, but maybe I remember wrong. Eric?
red
I'm a big fan of the INTERSTELLAR RADIO...



[ s u p e r b o o t h ]



and
...just ordered 100 GRIT



and
...also would like to know more about BODY !



cool
Mashmore
I’ve got one in the cart now. Will probably pull the trigger today! The squelchy high end is what I’m pretty picky about when it comes to distortions(as in some seem to have much for my liking). This seems to definitely have that but some of the demos I’ve heard sound absolutely ace!

Body does seem to be some kind of Vco but that’s about as much as I have gathered.
ablearcher
kay_k wrote:
TheRosskonian wrote:

Anybody happen to catch what that "Body" module is in the lower left hand corner of the rack? He always seems to have cool prototypes in the case along with the things he's actually demoing, but I know they don't always see the light of day.


If I remember right, it was a VCO prototype. At superbooth he didn't seemed to be serious about making it a product, but maybe I remember wrong. Eric?


Yup. Analog triangle core VCO, it has a couple tricks up it's sleeve but maybe not enough to justify a production run (yet). I will keep iterating and using it in my rig and we will see what happens.

ignatius wrote:

if any of you are in portland this saturday Schlappi is doing a demo of the 100 grit at Modular8. it'll be live streamed too.

Yeah! 2-4pm August 17th at Modular 8

mashmore wrote:
The squelchy high end is what I’m pretty picky about when it comes to distortions(as in some seem to have much for my liking). This seems to definitely have that but some of the demos I’ve heard sound absolutely ace!

Thanks! You should be able to dial in as much or as little squelchy high end as you desire. It's there if you want it but by dialing back the resonance and cutoff you can get a much more low end heavy sound.
Mashmore
I couldn’t resist! Pulled the trigger and ordered! nanners
Cybananna
I got mine this week and it’s amazing. I’m using it in a live performance tonight. It’s easy to get used to but appears to go pretty deep and crazy. I’m really looking forward to exploring it.
ignatius
here's the raw footage of the 100 grit demo. there's short performance followed by a walk through of the 100 grit, a short Q/A and some talk of his other modules.

eventually we'll trim it down and punch up the audio if needed.

Mashmore
Thanks for sharing. Just got mine this afternoon... and wow! It is very much more than I anticipated. Fantastic module.

ignatius wrote:
here's the raw footage of the 100 grit demo. there's short performance followed by a walk through of the 100 grit, a short Q/A and some talk of his other modules.

eventually we'll trim it down and punch up the audio if needed.

Cybananna
I used it last night live an it was super fun. The touch points really made a mess of things (that’s what I was going for). Great sounding and fun.
NoLegs
First patch.

williamjturkel
Mine just arrived today... so I won't be on Muffs for a while. thumbs up
thelowerrhythm
This thing sounds like a fat hunk of beef being fired out of a cannon through a field of broken glass. Just saying. we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group