MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easiest way to share samples I've created?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Easiest way to share samples I've created?
jdaddyaz
As I was creating a bunch of random broken beat samples today I realized that a great deal of the stuff I make just sits in folders within folders within folders. So why not share the fruit of my labor. What's the easiest way of sharing samples? I was thinking sound cloud, but then realized it would be a huge choir to upload individual samples. Any suggestions? Its be best if I can just dump groups of files into folders and distribute that way.
Michael O.
I guess the best would be something like Dropbox or google drive. If you go with something akin to SoundCloud there would be a lot of unnecessary and undesirable processing applied to the audio. With the Dropbox type it’s simply the audio file in its unadulterated state.
jdaddyaz
Wow I feel like a complete loser. Totally forgot about dropbox.
Thanks for the reminder.
Funky40
"Ignatius" used bandcamp IIRC, was a zip file when dowanlaoded IIRC. (i´m quite shure it was so )

i´d like myself to know how to use bandcamp that way.
not having any experience with uploading to bandcamp

dropbox will expire. i find it crap for such. at least when used in forums
cptnal
Tried freesound.org? That's kinda their main bag.
unrecordings
Funky40 wrote:
"Ignatius" used bandcamp IIRC, was a zip file when dowanlaoded IIRC. (i´m quite shure it was so )

i´d like myself to know how to use bandcamp that way.
not having any experience with uploading to bandcamp

I guess (without checking, but I'm in the process of compiling some patches to do something similar:

upload a single - maybe it's compilation/preview/whatever - then add your zip folder full of short samples as the bonus content

Edit: okay, zip doesn't work - the logic being you should add bonus tracks to a single/ep/album rather than a zipped folder of audio files

Edit Again: I've popped a note to label support to see what is possible...
slumberjack
on bandcamp you need a paid account to do batch uploads. but in my experience using a free account it doesn't bother me at all. the time it takes to fill out the form of each uploading file is usually longer then the upload takes for it self. i stumble upon people sharing7selling their sample packs regularly on bandcamp.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1