MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Could your Buchla be a source of LSD? More on the News @ 11
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Could your Buchla be a source of LSD? More on the News @ 11
Sir Ruff
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/05/21/60s-buchla-100-synthesize r-repair-lsd-accidental-trip/
rico loverde
just read an article on this. so crazy that it was actually true. im kind of surprised he didn't take a little more care while touching the crystalline residue he saw. pretty wild.
ws9848
Thats pretty awesome though!
darcmorcel
Pity he couldn't play it while tripping...
tobb
SO FAKE!
ModHiisi
tobb wrote:
SO FAKE!

JUST SAY NO!
YE'OLDE BOY
Thats what you get for being nice and fixing a Buchla for free hihi

I'll remind people of this story when mine needs fixing Mr. Green
dubonaire
Don't believe a word of this. LSD is nowhere near that stable.
brandonlogic
ModHiisi wrote:
tobb wrote:
SO FAKE!

JUST SAY NO!

why would CBS fake this story?
They didnt even say anything bad about lsd.
If anything it’s a postivice story, they guys wife seems interested and cool with it, they even got Suzanne Ciani on there praising don!
If this was a fake anti drug story, it would not have been produced this way.
wyrtti
Wonderful story. I don’t care if it’s real or not.
cookie?!? Buchla MARF

Going to be abusing my Buchla on stage tomorrow again. And wearing/not-wearing tye-dye.
Sir Ruff
rico loverde wrote:
just read an article on this. so crazy that it was actually true. im kind of surprised he didn't take a little more care while touching the crystalline residue he saw. pretty wild.

that was my first thought--who knows what chemicals were floating around back in the day. and then he sprays it d'oh!
trax
brandonlogic wrote:

lol
Idunno
Aren't Buchla reintroducing these red panel modules?
brandonlogic
trax wrote:
brandonlogic wrote:

lol

cute. but not an answer to my question.
slow_riot
Will happily throw in a £5 tab of acid if anyone buys an £800 module from me. I always thought pushing the psychedelic angle wouldn't have been good for business as people seem to have enough trouble understanding new synthesis concepts as it is, but I'm not above novelty either if it helps make the sale...
@green
Defines the term “publicity stunt” , mixed feelings and emotions about this I must say.
divisionbyzero
on the 200e don often hid cream cheese under the panels
ym2612
tobb wrote:
SO FAKE!

NO PSYCHEDELICS!
divisionbyzero
also random story: according to don, owsley was a carnivore and kept three separate fridges, one for meat, one for non-meat food, and one for acid. the acid fridge ended up at the b+a shop.
Peake
I'd like to publicly apologize for not dosing any of my 100 clones, even the red ones.
Reese P. Dubin
50-50 on believing this one. But in the end this was a fun positive story about LSD on TV, which is a win.
50+ years on tho i doubt that it would be viable unless stored in some consistent lab situation, but who knows?
Anytime i get to see and hear Ciani is time well spent. She is such a 'mood', for decades before that was a thing.
Delepathy
Is anyone in contact with the engineer who repaired the Buchla?
tmeade
"True" or not.... I love this!!!
vytis
I have mixed feelings about this one too. On one hand it is an incredible story which kind of supports a long standing rumour. Great text and details. On the other hand this almost coincides with Buchla USA launching their Red Panel brand. Why would an experienced engineer touch unknown crystalline residue? Uhm. hmmm..... Buchla MARF
pre55ure
vytis wrote:
On the other hand this almost coincides with Buchla USA launching their Red Panel brand.

It really does seem like a perfectly timed promotional move, but as someone who is involved with this launching, I can assure you that Buchla USA had nothing to do with this.

I'm actually not even sure that Eric knows about it yet.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4