MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac PB arrived today!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Frac PB arrived today!
parasitk
SlayerBadger!

Unfortunately my modular was just brought up to New York, so I won't be able to mess with it until Saturday! :(

http://flickr.com/photos/parasitk/sets/72157605069885400/

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
flight
I do love how evil the white-on-black looks twisted
neandrewthal
I just can't believe how much evil is crammed in that tiny and tidy package. SlayerBadger!
parasitk
flight wrote:
I do love how evil the white-on-black looks twisted

Yes, the panel looks great! And you were all stressed about it! hihi

I cannot wait to hear this thing. Saturday can't come soon enough!
flight
Yeah, well, I won't say I'm a perfectionist - because perfection does not, and can not, exist - but I do like things to turn out the way I want them to be smile.
Kwote
it looks great. love the font.
futuresoundsystems
Whoa! SMT! eek! lol
Kent
Damn! That's a great look. I'd love a Euro double-wide like that!
flight
kwote wrote:
it looks great. love the font.

Thanks! One of my favorite spooky fonts.

futuresoundsystems wrote:
Whoa! SMT! eek! lol

Heh, yeah. I'm LOVING SMT - so much faster & easier than through-hole. Smaller too!

@ Kent: I'll make you one, if you really want one. The future for doubles looks poor, they don't move very well. I'm waiting for the new PB panels to come in, if the Fracs look good, I might just start doing all my panels in this scheme.
tragedybysyntax
I'm about to order one today for myself... I can't resist! Getting mine with yellow knobbies! smile
flight
lol
parasitk
Okay, I had a little alone time with my modular after rehearsal on Saturday. I only had a Nikon Coolpix (eek!) on me, so I'm sorry sorry sorry for the camera audio and quality. I hate that shit too. I'll do a proper video with direct sound as soon as I can, I promise!

Wiard Noise Ring controls Blacet Dark Star Chaos into a Blacet Quad VCA. Blacet VCO also into Quad VCA (the drone). Then QVCA mix out -> Wiard Borg 2 -> STG Wavefolder -> Flight of Harmony Plague Bearer.

Audio was pumped to the PA system in our rehearsal space. It was really fucking loud! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

http://vimeo.com/2343990
tragedybysyntax
wow... awesum man! How were u getting that sequence at the very end? (I still can't convince myself for some reason to buy a noise ring, lol)
parasitk
tragedybysyntax wrote:
wow... awesum man! How were u getting that sequence at the very end? (I still can't convince myself for some reason to buy a noise ring, lol)

Noise Ring into Dark Star!

Seriously get a Noise Ring - it'd really be foolish to miss out on it.
tragedybysyntax
Ok... guess i'll use the rest of xmas loot to order one. Hope it's cool...... smile
parasitk
It's much more than cool - it's definitely one of my favorites.

I'm having a blast controlling the Dark Star with it. That into the Plague Bearer is a tasty noise/chaos buffet!
wetterberg
is it possible to do something along the lines of tonal stuff with just a PB? It'll get loud as phuck with high resonance, but is it doable?
parasitk
I'll have to check! When I was messing with it last weekend I could get lots of watery pops and clicks just from having the gain cranked, and nothing plugged in. It doesn't self oscillate in a "traditional" filter sort of way from what I can tell so far.

After my show tomorrow, I'll have the modular at home again so I can do all sorts of experiments hyper
flight
The trick to self-oscillating: turn the input all the way down, gain all the way up, high around the middle, then slowly start turning up the low. You may have to play around for a bit, it's another one of those "sweet spots", but it'll start to make a moaning sound. It will quickly overload and start screaming if you turn up the low too far, so go slowly. The high, low, and gain all interact, so there's a lot of possible combinations.

@ wetterberg: What do you mean by "tonal"?
parasitk
This thing tore shit up at my show. I'll post some video soon of some live modular noise - same patch that i posted on vimeo the other day.
flight
Crap, I haven't had a chance to check it out - I'll have to do that tomorrow.
Gotta at least try to get some sleep tonight.

BTW: PB-1E & PB-1F panels arrived today grin More news & some pics soon.
tragedybysyntax
I got mine yesterday! Looks EVIL!!!! I'll get to spend some time with her tonight and letya know what I think! smile
Kent
I'm awaiting a PB-2E... I can't wait to infect my rack with the Plague!
Muff Wiggler
And I'm awaiting a PB-2F! SlayerBadger!
Kent
Hey! I remember you! You're that guy, "Muff Sumpthin'" Didn't you used to hang around here? lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2