292e problem HELP

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

maciej83
Common Wiggler

292e problem HELP

Post by maciej83 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello everybody, I have an annoying problem with my 292e. I wonder if anybody experienced the same.

I play a simple sequence on the 250e. It sends pulses to 281e, which controls the 292e. Some steps on 250e are active and some are not, but somehow the inactive steps are audible in the patch. I've made short audio clips with what is going on: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zdxptx67cgxr ... 9HOla?dl=0

Anybody had this issue and solved it? This is skylab case and should be not related to 3rd party cases' audio leak. It is something different...

Any input would be nice, I've been struggling with this for some time already :bang:

rkilman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rkilman » Wed May 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Sounds like a grounding issue to me. I had the same issue and switching the power strip/outlet I was plugged into solved it.

ArguZ
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ArguZ » Thu May 23, 2019 2:36 am

Yeah, the classic 292e leak.
How tech savvy are you ?
The suggestion i have involve multimeters , taking measurements etc.
Either your noisy ground is not strong enough (old clone boards) or your ground plane is lifted by ca 200-300mV.
The quick fix (and not recommended for long term use) is to bridge brown and black at the 292e.

maciej83
Common Wiggler

Post by maciej83 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:19 am

rkilman wrote:Sounds like a grounding issue to me. I had the same issue and switching the power strip/outlet I was plugged into solved it.
Thank you, I've tried it but no success :evil:
ArguZ wrote:Yeah, the classic 292e leak.
How tech savvy are you ?
The suggestion i have involve multimeters , taking measurements etc.
Either your noisy ground is not strong enough (old clone boards) or your ground plane is lifted by ca 200-300mV.
The quick fix (and not recommended for long term use) is to bridge brown and black at the 292e.
Unfortunately, I'm technically dumb :bang:
What would be the long term solution in your opinion? Is it possible to solve "not strong enough noisy ground" or "ground plane lift", as you described?

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”