NEW - Noddy's Puncture, Hoedown, Barbarian, Karn Evil 9

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

NEW - Noddy's Puncture, Hoedown, Barbarian, Karn Evil 9

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:33 pm

They're at it again! Posted today ....

[video][/video]
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control .. power .. possessed and controlled domain .. sovereignty .. having dominion over the world .. supreme authority .. absolute ownership .. power .. authority .. jurisdiction .. control .. command .. power. (Websters).

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Thu May 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Right on! Love the Leslie speakers :sb:

~R
Seeking the esoteric and funky in 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Faustgeist wrote:Right on! Love the Leslie speakers :sb:

~R
What I find to be most amazing is Tom's Emerson-esque Hammond sound. He uses a rompler (Alesis rack unit if I recall), along with another rack unit providing chorus, and piping the works out to three rotary amp/cab setups (Selmer amps drive one or two of the rotary cabs). It sounds so authentic, especially cuts through the live mix so well. It inspired me so much that I began developing my own version of a "dual rotary" system powered by ~guitar amps~ (Marshall). I'm very pleased with the results!

(Thanks Tom!)

:rock: :headbang:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control .. power .. possessed and controlled domain .. sovereignty .. having dominion over the world .. supreme authority .. absolute ownership .. power .. authority .. jurisdiction .. control .. command .. power. (Websters).

noddyspuncture
Veteran Wiggler

Post by noddyspuncture » Fri May 24, 2019 4:04 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Faustgeist wrote:Right on! Love the Leslie speakers :sb:

~R
What I find to be most amazing is Tom's Emerson-esque Hammond sound. He uses a rompler (Alesis rack unit if I recall), along with another rack unit providing chorus, and piping the works out to three rotary amp/cab setups (Selmer amps drive one or two of the rotary cabs). It sounds so authentic, especially cuts through the live mix so well. It inspired me so much that I began developing my own version of a "dual rotary" system powered by ~guitar amps~ (Marshall). I'm very pleased with the results!

(Thanks Tom!)
:rock: :headbang:
Cheers guys...

You're correct Rex, it is an Alesis - QSR, using a Q-card and also Flash ram card with samples of my own C3 burned to it..! Custom patches then go through a graphic, a chorus and my own DIY built distortion unit. The Leslies are actually stock. The 145 has a mixer I built into it... basically a 'Leslie Preamp II' which I built on vero-board. It means I can mix the the real Hammond and the Alesis into the system. The 760 has two 12inch speakers which I built into it to make it double up as also a 2x12 cab. I used to carry a 2x12 cab around but it occurred to me I could cut down the gear a bit by doing that and not lose anything. The Selmer just has a line feed of both organ sounds - Alesis & L100, but the L100 goes through a couple of distortion pedals first. That is basically it. Nice & loud and nice & distorted if I want... I can just dial it in...:)

Here's a couple of more vids from the night using the big Moog....

[video][/video]
[video][/video]

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Fri May 24, 2019 11:39 am

Great job as always, Tom! :party: :goo: :sb: :nana:

Gizmo
Common Wiggler

Post by Gizmo » Fri May 24, 2019 5:24 pm

noddyspuncture wrote:using the big Moog....
How do you manage the modular patch changes (but I think you have already described this elsewhere?)

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Gizmo wrote:
noddyspuncture wrote:using the big Moog....
How do you manage the modular patch changes (but I think you have already described this elsewhere?)
Watch him demonstrate ...

[video][/video]

umma gumma
Ultra Wiggler

Post by umma gumma » Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 pm

F'n Fantastic!!

and wow, that basement jam is one of the coolest things I have ever seen: nice to see up close how he runs that modular.... and great sound!!

gregae
Common Wiggler

Post by gregae » Sun May 26, 2019 7:56 am

Nice work as always, Tom and NP!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Return to “5U Format Modules”