MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Random Source Resonant EQ-- problems/ not working
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Random Source Resonant EQ-- problems/ not working
FlangerMagazine
I've had a Random Source Res EQ (Eurorack version) for maybe a year or two. Functioned perfectly for over a year. But occasionally (and it seems with more frequency) I am having an issue with it where a very high, almost inaudible dog whistle type frequency, of feedback will overcome the input audio. If I play with the treble side of the eq, then it goes away sometimes. But its just a very unstable scenario that kills everything when it takes over. Any one had a similar issue or have any suggestions?
luketeaford
I have not had this issue, but I think it would happen if you really crank the high frequencies (or low frequencies). Does it work like normal if you back the resonance off?

My experience with the super high frequencies is YOU WILL KNOW because they are terrifying and loud.

My RESEQ was built by ZZ Ardoz
FlangerMagazine
luketeaford wrote:
I have not had this issue, but I think it would happen if you really crank the high frequencies (or low frequencies). Does it work like normal if you back the resonance off?

My experience with the super high frequencies is YOU WILL KNOW because they are terrifying and loud.

Unfortunately that is not the case. It doesn't matter how high the volume is. I send the signal through, at any level, and it is overpowered. Even when there is no signal routed in, the module still produces an output of very high frequency feedback
Demi Jon
Argh -- that's no good! Have you contacted Random*Source? They might be able to help with a repair or replacement if it's factory built, or advice if it's DIY?
simsir
FlangerMagazine wrote:
luketeaford wrote:

Unfortunately that is not the case. It doesn't matter how high the volume is. I send the signal through, at any level, and it is overpowered. Even when there is no signal routed in, the module still produces an output of very high frequency feedback

i am experiencing exactly the same with my Res EQ.
It had been working for almost 4 years without issues. Did you manage to find out what is causing this?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1