MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Looking for a mentor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Looking for a mentor
drherb_1216
Total noob! Can someone answer a few questions on connecting a beatstep pro to my eurorack? seriously, i just don't get it
Agawell
I'd just ask away if I were you - maybe post the modules you are using (hint use modular grid and link to the actual public grid, not just an image)

but the very basics are

channel 1 and 2 are cv sequencers:

connect the cv out (to the v/oct in of your oscillators)

connect the gate out to however you are generating an envelope for the oscillator, this maybe to a level or ping input on the oscillator itself or an envelope generator controlling a vca which the oscillator audio out is routed through - you may also want to mult this for modulating a filter (with the BSP there is also velocity which could be used for this too)

channel 3 is a trigger sequencer: connect these outputs to the trigger inputs of, for example, drum modules or clock dividers, etc etc etc -you can assign the bottom 8 buttons to these channels - if you have enough drum voices then you could do something like kick, snare,tom1,tom2,tom3,openhat,closedhat,cymbal

nb these buttons are combined with the top 8 for midi output so if you want to use both and then assigning the midi so that the bottom 8 buttons are only for cv is a good idea (you have to use the software for this)

if you want to use the knobs then you'd need to use a midi-cc to cv converter
ckwjr
I use Beatstep Pro's trs MIDI out to the Bitbox trs MIDI in for drum sequencing and use the Beatstep Pro's knobs for velocity control. Saves a lot of patch cables.
nostalghia
Lots of info in this thread (some of it outdated now, related to bugs/feature requests fixed by later firmware updates):
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130039&start=all&post days=0&postorder=asc&sid=a237d96ef1228f2cfbd303e573bc8fbf

Since search function is still broken, workaround is to use google and include the forum name-just search for "beatstep pro muff wiggler" in this case, first couple of hits will give you links to multiple related threads here.
kay_k
drherb_1216 wrote:
Total noob! Can someone answer a few questions on connecting a beatstep pro to my eurorack? seriously, i just don't get it

how does your Eurorack look like?
Splashwater Boom-Boom
ckwjr wrote:
I use Beatstep Pro's trs MIDI out to the Bitbox trs MIDI in for drum sequencing and use the Beatstep Pro's knobs for velocity control. Saves a lot of patch cables.

You bloody genius. I was about to sell my bsp from disuse, now it may become central to my jam kit. Thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1