MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 + DT ---> high resolution midi ? (need help )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 + DT ---> high resolution midi ? (need help )
Funky40
i guess this renders directly to a feature request i fear wink
os, me stealing you here some time........( the idea is simple, my write up long winded in lack of a better)

i read about the FH-2 doing high resolution midi.
i did not understood the high-low bit thing, but i think it plays NO role here.
(and not asking for further explanations here)
And then i thought: but the DT does no high resolution CC anyway ! ( and many other devices be same)
all aux midi CCs on the DT are 0-127, as usual

now how about a setup that would allow for kind of a "Coarse" + "Fine" setup of parameters ?
something like that high-low bit thing, coupling two CCs together ?
( if those two CCs had to be "32" apart would that be no problem me thinks)

The DT has 8 aux CCs per track. (beside the main ones on page one or two/ pitch, velocity, MW, breath, aftertouch / also similar to many other devices)

lets say one would couple allways two of these 8 aux midi knobs/CCs together, one beeing the "Coarse" control, the other the "Fine" control,
BUT: merged *within* the FH-2 ?
the fine control allways beeing a "fine tune offset" to the "Coarse" control, based on where the Coarse setting is.
...adding something like 128 or however intermediate stepps to that "Mother-Coarse" CC.

Coarse beeing: 1, 2, 3, 4.....32, 33, 34.......124, 125, 126,
and the fine allways beeing an added offset to that coarse, controlling the fine resolution between one number and the next *within that coarse control*.
(Yes, would allways require to programm both CCs, Coarse and Fine, for any setting/p-lock)

i don´t ask you here if this would be doable ? wink
but i ask you to think about this wink

the good thing would be:
it would not eat up more rare CV outs on the FH-2,
it would just eat up midi CCs on machines like the DT.

How i´d want to control the modular now from the DT over the FH-2,
would often a much higher resolution be a key for a high musicality.
while on the other side, honestly, no modular Sequenzer can convince me to fork out that amount of money.
The hardware/desktop sequenzers just deliver a much better access to programming plus the whole File handling is much better on desktip units.

me thinks that this idea of coupling two CCs to a pair of "Coarse and fine", to control ONE CV out, could add something VERY useful to that whole situation
and might add to your hardware sales wink
os
DT is the Digitakt?

Quote:
now how about a setup that would allow for kind of a "Coarse" + "Fine" setup of parameters ?

That's exactly how it works. CCs 32-63 are the fine controls for the CC numbered 32 lower.
Funky40
os wrote:

That's exactly how it works. CCs 32-63 are the fine controls for the CC numbered 32 lower.

Wow, supercool ! ( yes, DT is the digitakt )
This will open up a whole new world.

edit: shortened

Thanks os !
Funky40
os, i don´t get it working !

i´ve set the midi CC in the Configtool, lets say Midi channel1, CC16.
In the Digitakt ( DT ) do i set to the same midi Channel,
then i set CC16 ---> and CC48
( same for 3 more CC, so i have CC 16-19 plus the higher ones, 48-51)
the higher ones, "CC48-51", do not deliver any change/CV out.

as far i understand do i not have to set here anything further in the configtool to activate the +32 numbered ones ?
i only activate these CCs accordingly in the DT, right ?
is there any further trick or setting ? or something that i could have overlooked ?
os
The CCs have to work in pairs, and the change only occurs on the lo-res CC.

So in your example, the value for CC 48 is stored, and used as the 'fine' information when CC 16 arrives. Sending just CC 48 won't update the output.
Funky40
os wrote:

So in your example, the value for CC 48 is stored, and used as the 'fine' information when CC 16 arrives. Sending just CC 48 won't update the output.

ok, i see.
i´ll give it a try.

but: i fear it takes out alots of *the thought* advantages "as is".
especially for those parameters that would be uninteresting to be controlled by midi otherwise, like unlinear organised things like wavetables, waveforms in the xaoc "Zadar", or models in MI "Braids".
in case its in your hands to change that behave.......?? / (add in here my upfront feature request please wink ) hihi

Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1