MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

es-3 and es-5 issue.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author es-3 and es-5 issue.
allegroagitato
Hi,

i just bought a es-3 and es-5 combo and output 8 of my es-5 seems to be broken or there is another isssue.

I'm using them with the silent way plug-ings in ableton live with a fireface uc as the adat interface.

When using the silent way es-5 controller, outputting a statc value of 255 all outputs light up except for output 8. When outputting a static value of 1 none of the outputs light up. Value of 2 output 1 lights up. Value of 4 output 2 lights up. 8 -> output 3, 16 -> output 4, 32 -> output 5, 64 -> output 6, 128 -> output 7.

This appears to be the wrong behaviour as far as i can tell. I believe it should be: static value of 1 -> output 1, static value of 2 -> output 2, static value of 4 -> output 3, static value of 8 -> output 4 etc etc.

i have no idea how to get it working properly and i'm starting to think this is a hardware fault. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,

Thomas
os
I imagine this will be a configuration problem.

- is your Live track stereo, going to a stereo output pair?

- is the track fader at 0dB?

- same in TotalMix - is the gain at 0dB?
allegroagitato
yes all faders are at 0dB in live, in total mix all outputs output only to their respective output pair and also at 0dB. And yes, i'm outputting as a stereo pair.

i replaced the ribbon going from the es-3 going to the es-5 and now the output values are correct. So value of 1 -> output 1, value of 2 -> output 2, value of 4 -> output 3 etc. but it's still impossible to get output 8 working on the es-5.

And while writing this i turned off my power supply and turned it back on and now the es-5 is doing nothing again with a value of 1. Same as in my intial post. Now i need to output a value of 2 to get output 1 to turn on.

with kind regards,

Thomas
os
What version of ES-3 & ES-5 do you have?
allegroagitato
Not sure which version of es-3 since the pcb states it's a es-8 C v1.0 and the other board says es-3 brd E v1.2 and the es-5 is version 3.0.

btw i fixed the problem by replacing C12 (33pF) by a 56pF.

super happy.

With kind regards,

Thomas
allegroagitato
i bought the modules of someone who used the es-3 and 5 with an es-8. Since i'm already using a fireface with adat i didn't need the es-8. I'm guessing he never noticed the issue since it worked just fine with the es-8. Glad it was an easy fix. And thanks for replying so quickly.

with kind regards,

Thomas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1