ADDAC603 VC Triple Bandpass Filter

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

User avatar
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Tokyo

ADDAC603 VC Triple Bandpass Filter

Post by reppiks » Mon May 27, 2019 8:43 pm

I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere, at least not a dedicated thread. Looks awesome!

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/adda ... s/addac603

Image

Features:
3 independent Bandpass filters each with:
Input gain up to x3 or x100 via a switch
VC Frequency with attenuverter
VC Bandwidth with attenuverter
6 or 12db (1 or 2 poles) Switch
Resonance
Individual output VC Amplifier with attenuverter
Phase output switch

3 bands summing mix plus Dry control with attenuverter

Inputs are Normalled: 1->2->3 allowing for the three bandpass filters to be used either for the same input source or from three independent sources.

Filters and VCA’s developed with the modern version of SSM2164 from CoolAudio for pristine sound quality.

[video][/video]

User avatar
mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4004
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 am
Location: New York City

Post by mdoudoroff » Mon May 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Yes, quite intriguing. Wish there’d been an actual demo. Maybe it’ll get on DivKid’s to-do list?

User avatar
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Tokyo

Post by reppiks » Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 pm

mdoudoroff wrote:Yes, quite intriguing. Wish there’d been an actual demo. Maybe it’ll get on DivKid’s to-do list?
Yeah, hopefully!

User avatar
VM
Common Wiggler
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:30 am

Post by VM » Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 pm

Holy moly. This looks like the filter module my drone rig has been waiting for. Gonna need to see some demos, STAT. :love:

Futuresound

Post by Futuresound » Tue May 28, 2019 12:01 am

I was just talking with a friend about how I needed one of these the other day, and maybe we should start a business and manufacture one

:doh:

Looks great.

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by cackland » Tue May 28, 2019 12:55 am

Very nice. Might have to keep an eye on this

snm
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by snm » Tue May 28, 2019 9:35 pm

This looks very cool. The only thing missing is VC feedback.
Last edited by snm on Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Tokyo

Post by reppiks » Thu May 30, 2019 8:03 am

I got it confirmed by ADDAC that the frequency knobs span the complete audio range, which was one thing I wanted to be sure of.

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 7074
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Post by MindMachine » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Can't wait to hear it. Looks like a possible upgrade of my EMW Triple Bandpass VCF. 22HP is not bad for all of that control.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs, dotcom Q128 for 37.00
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718

User avatar
rew_
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by rew_ » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:48 pm

RES-3?

snm
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by snm » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:52 am

where the demos at?

User avatar
OlivierWah
Common Wiggler
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 am

Post by OlivierWah » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 am

Just to say this thing is completly awesome. The distortion and feedback are huge and can make agressive sounds.

User avatar
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Tokyo

Post by reppiks » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 am

OlivierWah wrote:Just to say this thing is completly awesome. The distortion and feedback are huge and can make agressive sounds.
Did you try it out at SuperBooth? Or do you have it?

mafouka
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: CA

Post by mafouka » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:53 am

reppiks wrote:I got it confirmed by ADDAC that the frequency knobs span the complete audio range, which was one thing I wanted to be sure of.
This.

The multiband possibilities are keeping me up at night !! Imagine spreading one audio source around a system to different fx / stereo fields... x3. What fun
這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊

Gyroscope
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:27 pm
Location: In the North

Post by Gyroscope » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:56 am

Sorry for the stupid question but is this similar to a parametric eq?

User avatar
OlivierWah
Common Wiggler
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 am

Post by OlivierWah » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:06 am

reppiks wrote:
OlivierWah wrote:Just to say this thing is completly awesome. The distortion and feedback are huge and can make agressive sounds.
Did you try it out at SuperBooth? Or do you have it?
I have one. I love how that kind of modules can make weird and aggressive sounds in extreme configuration (lot of CVs, audio rate modulations, distortion and feedback to the maximum).

Like other Addac modules, you will not have a classic bandpass filter at all, but a module with a lot of character.

User avatar
monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Odyssey Island
Contact:

Post by monads » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:12 pm

I was on the fence about this one but opted for ADDAC611 Gotharman's VC Tube Filter instead! The 603 does look nice though!!

User avatar
Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 11078
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: the Terminal beach

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Argh, I really want both this and the VC Tube Filter :cry:
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

User avatar
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Tokyo

Post by reppiks » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:05 pm

OlivierWah wrote:
reppiks wrote:
OlivierWah wrote:Just to say this thing is completly awesome. The distortion and feedback are huge and can make agressive sounds.
Did you try it out at SuperBooth? Or do you have it?
I have one. I love how that kind of modules can make weird and aggressive sounds in extreme configuration (lot of CVs, audio rate modulations, distortion and feedback to the maximum).

Like other Addac modules, you will not have a classic bandpass filter at all, but a module with a lot of character.
Great! Sounds just like my kind of module! Any chance of any audio/video? Seems to be nothing at all online.

User avatar
reppiks
Obscure Intergalactic Destroyers!
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Tokyo

Post by reppiks » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Gyroscope wrote:Sorry for the stupid question but is this similar to a parametric eq?
This is my understanding: If you just use the first input then it runs through all three filters, so then it is like a CV-able parametric EQ with distortion thrown in too. But you can only amplify the frequency bands, not cut them.

User avatar
kay_k
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by kay_k » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:58 am

I'd love to put that on drums

User avatar
OlivierWah
Common Wiggler
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 am

Post by OlivierWah » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:37 am

Paranormal Patroler wrote:Argh, I really want both this and the VC Tube Filter :cry:
I will sell some others modules to buy that tube filter... Addac is the only brand with L-1 who never leave my rack.

Gyroscope
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:27 pm
Location: In the North

Post by Gyroscope » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:25 am

reppiks wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:Sorry for the stupid question but is this similar to a parametric eq?
This is my understanding: If you just use the first input then it runs through all three filters, so then it is like a CV-able parametric EQ with distortion thrown in too. But you can only amplify the frequency bands, not cut them.
Ok thanks. That's too bad.

User avatar
OlivierWah
Common Wiggler
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 am

Post by OlivierWah » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 am

reppiks wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:Sorry for the stupid question but is this similar to a parametric eq?
This is my understanding: If you just use the first input then it runs through all three filters, so then it is like a CV-able parametric EQ with distortion thrown in too. But you can only amplify the frequency bands, not cut them.
Yeah, it's really a bandpass filter with pre-post distortion, not a parametric-EQ. But you can change the phase of each bands to "substract" some frequencies to other bands.

User avatar
Hooft
Common Wiggler
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:54 am
Location: London

Post by Hooft » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Can anyone who owns one post a demo?

FSR, the manufacturer has forgotten to do so.
Yup.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”