MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC603 VC Triple Bandpass Filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author ADDAC603 VC Triple Bandpass Filter
reppiks
I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere, at least not a dedicated thread. Looks awesome!

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac600-series/addac603

Features:
3 independent Bandpass filters each with:
Input gain up to x3 or x100 via a switch
VC Frequency with attenuverter
VC Bandwidth with attenuverter
6 or 12db (1 or 2 poles) Switch
Resonance
Individual output VC Amplifier with attenuverter
Phase output switch

3 bands summing mix plus Dry control with attenuverter

Inputs are Normalled: 1->2->3 allowing for the three bandpass filters to be used either for the same input source or from three independent sources.

Filters and VCA’s developed with the modern version of SSM2164 from CoolAudio for pristine sound quality.

mdoudoroff
Yes, quite intriguing. Wish there’d been an actual demo. Maybe it’ll get on DivKid’s to-do list?
reppiks
mdoudoroff wrote:
Yes, quite intriguing. Wish there’d been an actual demo. Maybe it’ll get on DivKid’s to-do list?

Yeah, hopefully!
VM
Holy moly. This looks like the filter module my drone rig has been waiting for. Gonna need to see some demos, STAT. love
Futuresound
I was just talking with a friend about how I needed one of these the other day, and maybe we should start a business and manufacture one

d'oh!

Looks great.
cackland
Very nice. Might have to keep an eye on this
snm
This looks very cool. The only thing missing is VC feedback.
reppiks
I got it confirmed by ADDAC that the frequency knobs span the complete audio range, which was one thing I wanted to be sure of.
MindMachine
Can't wait to hear it. Looks like a possible upgrade of my EMW Triple Bandpass VCF. 22HP is not bad for all of that control.
rew_
RES-3?
snm
where the demos at?
OlivierWah
Just to say this thing is completly awesome. The distortion and feedback are huge and can make agressive sounds.
reppiks
OlivierWah wrote:
Just to say this thing is completly awesome. The distortion and feedback are huge and can make agressive sounds.

Did you try it out at SuperBooth? Or do you have it?
mafouka
reppiks wrote:
I got it confirmed by ADDAC that the frequency knobs span the complete audio range, which was one thing I wanted to be sure of.

This.

The multiband possibilities are keeping me up at night !! Imagine spreading one audio source around a system to different fx / stereo fields... x3. What fun
Gyroscope
Sorry for the stupid question but is this similar to a parametric eq?
OlivierWah
reppiks wrote:
OlivierWah wrote:

I have one. I love how that kind of modules can make weird and aggressive sounds in extreme configuration (lot of CVs, audio rate modulations, distortion and feedback to the maximum).

Like other Addac modules, you will not have a classic bandpass filter at all, but a module with a lot of character.
monads
I was on the fence about this one but opted for ADDAC611 Gotharman's VC Tube Filter instead! The 603 does look nice though!!
Paranormal Patroler
Argh, I really want both this and the VC Tube Filter cry
reppiks
OlivierWah wrote:
reppiks wrote:
OlivierWah wrote:

I have one. I love how that kind of modules can make weird and aggressive sounds in extreme configuration (lot of CVs, audio rate modulations, distortion and feedback to the maximum).

Like other Addac modules, you will not have a classic bandpass filter at all, but a module with a lot of character.

Great! Sounds just like my kind of module! Any chance of any audio/video? Seems to be nothing at all online.
reppiks
Gyroscope wrote:

This is my understanding: If you just use the first input then it runs through all three filters, so then it is like a CV-able parametric EQ with distortion thrown in too. But you can only amplify the frequency bands, not cut them.
kay_k
I'd love to put that on drums
OlivierWah
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Argh, I really want both this and the VC Tube Filter cry

I will sell some others modules to buy that tube filter... Addac is the only brand with L-1 who never leave my rack.
Gyroscope
reppiks wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:

This is my understanding: If you just use the first input then it runs through all three filters, so then it is like a CV-able parametric EQ with distortion thrown in too. But you can only amplify the frequency bands, not cut them.

Ok thanks. That's too bad.
OlivierWah
reppiks wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:

Yeah, it's really a bandpass filter with pre-post distortion, not a parametric-EQ. But you can change the phase of each bands to "substract" some frequencies to other bands.
Hooft
Can anyone who owns one post a demo?

FSR, the manufacturer has forgotten to do so.
lightworks
Gyroscope wrote:
reppiks wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:

The VCA at the end of each filter can attenuate to zero, so you can cut them.
Tumulishroomaroom
This is very interesting. Waiting for the demos !
reppiks
lightworks wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:
reppiks wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:

The VCA at the end of each filter can attenuate to zero, so you can cut them.

But that doesn’t cut any frequency bands from the original input signal, right?
RecycleYourPets
Hooft wrote:
Can anyone who owns one post a demo?

FSR, the manufacturer has forgotten to do so.

Addac has really high demos for their other modules, I imagine we just need to wait a little bit
fingerfarbensound
Interesting module! cool

Are the filter cvs normalized in series like the inputs are?
I assume the bandwidth slider goes from 0 == regular bandpass?
What's the range of the bandwidth slider? (how many octaves)
I assume the feedback is positive. If I add negative feedback using an external attenuverter/VCA can I get a resonance peak?
Sanys
demos please
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 2