MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Amazon banana leads?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Amazon banana leads?
mousegarden
Anyone tried Aofan banana leads on Amazon? Links not working but just look up Aofan banana leads, they are cheap at £10.99 for ten.
Reality Checkpoint
They look very much like the Bugbrand cables, which I far prefer to Pomonas.

At that price it is worth a punt, surely?
diophantine
Not available via Amazon US, only results are for some Chinese alternative medicine books and, well, actual bananas. Dead Banana

I'm only seeing 5-packs on amazon.co.uk for £10.99, though.

They don't look bad, though. Nicer than the cheapo ones with the trapezoidal body.

I like my Pomonas, but wouldn't mind having some like this for some of the oddball things that might benefit from (seemingly) thinner cables.
diophantine
Currently available under the 'Sumnacon', 'MonkeyJack', 'Yeham', and 'MWay' brands on amazon.com. Thanks, AliBaba...?
Reality Checkpoint
I have just taken delivery of a couple of packs to test them. They feel and look very much like the Bugbrand ones. I shall be ordering some more!
mousegarden
Thanks folks, I'll be ordering some today.
BugBrand
I can't help but notice this...
I guess they're a little cheaper than mine (5 for £10.99 inc VAT & delivery - mine in UK work out about £2.90 each delivered vs £2.20 for these) - probably similar quality - but it doesn't say what lengths for example.
And, who do you want to support?!
Reality Checkpoint
BugBrand wrote:
I guess they're a little cheaper than mine (5 for £10.99 inc VAT & delivery - mine in UK work out about £2.90 each delivered vs £2.20 for these) - probably similar quality - but it doesn't say what lengths for example.

You know I didn't realise the price comparison was quite so small. And yes I should have looked and should have ordered from you. I would rather support you than the Skynet, sorry, Amazon.

Just for info, they are 43cms tip to tip.
mousegarden
BugBrand wrote:

Sorry Tom, completely forgot about yours! I haven't ordered mine yet, so I'll take some of yours at some point.
I just noticed these Amazon ones, but you're right, price difference is negligible once you've added their postage.
I don't really want to have to support Amazon after watching a program about them yesterday, and their very creepy entry into the high street. They killed it, now they want to be part of it.
legionhwp
Disclaimer: I'm in the US so ordering from UK or Europe is cost prohibitive. I have never seen a "bugbrand" banana cable so can't speak to compare them but certainly would buy from Bugbrand for a few cents more if I could.

I looked a while on Amazon.com (US site) and found a 5 pack of color banana cables by Sumnacon for $12.99 US with free (prime) shipping. They arrived in one day.

There were a few other brands but they all seemed to be the same exact thing. Only one size available as well (one meter - which are very long).

At first I thought they might be the same cables I got with my Fenix1 15+ years ago but on closer look they are a little different. See this pic with Fenix Cable on the top, Amazon Cable on the bottom:

The amazon version is not as heavy so also more flexible. The connector is a bit more "puffy" and flared out, molding is slightly different but approximately the same size and effect.

I got them to try out and maybe even cut to make them into smaller cables. They don't feel as hardy or strong as the other Fenix ones I got but they do the job and seem ok. FWIW I have never had one of the Fenix or Pomona cables every go "bad" or have the rubber crack in well over 25 years.

If these came in one foot sizes I'd buy a pile of them. there have been times I paid $5-10 for a single banana cable. Nicer perhaps (I have dozens of Pomonas, etc.) but these do the job and should the connector ever wear out or be a problem I wouldn't feel bad about tossing it and buying another pack. I haven't cut them yet but I think I will. I wish they had the option to get all the same color as I like to coordinate my patches and having a rainbow in front of me makes the job of live patching a lot harder.

If someone knows of the same or similar product in the US in shorter lengths I'm all ears.

It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1