MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer BARP-2600
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author Behringer BARP-2600
doombient.music
nectarios wrote:

SlayerBadger!

Christmas time, wonderful Christmas time...

Stephen
nectarios
Pretty sure those are mini jacks too, so easy to interface with euro.
Panason
Quote:
This may be the very first hardware synth that someone buys.

Looks pretty intimidating.

I wonder if the actual product will really have all those different coloured LEDs, cause it also looks pretty damn cool like that. (I'd replace the white ones with purple/pink tho)
nectarios
Panason wrote:
Quote:
This may be the very first hardware synth that someone buys.

Looks pretty intimidating.

I wonder if the actual product will really have all those different coloured LEDs, cause it also looks pretty damn cool like that. (I'd replace the white ones with purple/pink tho)

They said this in their FB page

Quote:

Our designers decided to modulate the LED’s for the envelope curve etc. so you can see the actual signal process. Once we have signal going though we’ll do a quick video.
CF3
Quite impressive if it actually sees the light of day. And I LOVE that it’s rackmount.
RickKleffel
Uh-oh....

https://www.gear4music.com/us/en/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Behringer-Odysse y-Analog-Synthesizer/2V98?fbclid=IwAR3sTHLTsmr37a952kx3rDFASAGepOnKjw0 fBYma0Gp6X-N3B82dinGy5sY
Sanys
wow is it already out?
trentpmcd
Sanys wrote:
wow is it already out?

The Behringer Odyssey just arrived as a pre-order on most music store sites. The 2600 is still just a line in the sand for anyone else who was thinking of putting out a 2600 clone...
sduck
Yes I think that link was posted in the wrong thread.
Sanys
trentpmcd wrote:
Sanys wrote:
wow is it already out?

The Behringer Odyssey just arrived as a pre-order on most music store sites. The 2600 is still just a line in the sand for anyone else who was thinking of putting out a 2600 clone...

that's fine, with their speed it looks like 2600 will be out by 2600
Voltage_Controller
Not a fan of the green LEDs but a solid 2600 clone will probably separate me from my
Christopher Winkels
Sanys wrote:
trentpmcd wrote:
Sanys wrote:
wow is it already out?

that's fine, with their speed it looks like 2600 will be out by 2600

Behringer have delivered five synths to retailers in three years, with the sixth set to hit Thomann by the the end of the month.

This "taking forever" trope needs to be put to rest. The only significant difference between their lead times and those of, say Korg or Roland, is that Behringer makes announcements very early in the development cycle, not while containers are getting loaded at the dock in China.
a100user
Christopher Winkels wrote:

Behringer have delivered five synths to retailers in three years, with the sixth set to hit Thomann by the the end of the month.

This "taking forever" trope needs to be put to rest. The only significant difference between their lead times and those of, say Korg or Roland, is that Behringer makes announcements very early in the development cycle, not while containers are getting loaded at the dock in China.

Couldn't agree more.
I have three Behringer products; DM12, Model D & Neutron and am very happy with all three.

Their marketing strategy is novel to say the least but so far is working in their favour but folks need to realise the elapsed time from a computer render to a production model is multiple months if not years, depending on complexity.

The two I would consider as future acquisitions would be a 2600 clone, VCS3 clone and hopefully another new design - the Neutron is a really nice synth.
RickKleffel
sduck wrote:
Yes I think that link was posted in the wrong thread.

Sorry, I ran a search for the correct thread, but the name is (deliberately?) misspelled in that one, it's labeled as an

Oddysey

As opposed to the spawn of

Odysseus...

Odd, innit? [Exits quickly, grabbing a 2600 on my way to the d00r]
Panason
Damn, it will never be like this
thevegasnerve
this is probably the one B- project that really interests me due to the impracticality of having anything like this if its not seriously affordable... I guess that true in general for me... : )
chiasticon
Panason wrote:
Damn, it will never be like this

we're not worthy

agreed. but if that thing would ever go into actual production, I'd buy one over the BARP.
cornutt
If the orange paint doesn't glow in the dark, it's bogus. Mr. Green
cornutt
If the orange paint doesn't glow in the dark, it's bogus. Mr. Green
Bogus
Anyone catch wind of when this will be on shelves? I've always wanted a 2600 hyper
Sanys
check when Pro-1 was announced and when it's out, same for 808 clone. do the math
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3