MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer BARP-2600
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Behringer BARP-2600
paperCUT
https://www.matrixsynth.com/2019/05/behringer-barp-2600-arp-2600-pcb-s ighted.html

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but can't seem to find a topic.

tioJim
"BARP" <<< lolz
Panason
I'm awaitin' for the Broma Bolaris, and the Birklon.
hamildad
Having a look at this.

Osc 2& 3 seem to have 4x outs, so that might be full fat oscs on more than Osc2.

Initial gain slider seems to have gone vertical.

Also seems like twice as many vertical sliders on the bottom half from a 2600. Could be adding in an LFO / Portamento option?

also looks like multiple is in a more useful place.

also no space for speakers, and if there are no speakers, then that's 2 more vertical sliders in the bottom half not accounted for.
CF3
Less teasing, more releasing.
xonetacular
CF3 wrote:
Less teasing, more releasing.

Seriously I don't care at this point about shit that is several years away. The endless teasing and hype from behringer marketing and the drones that parrot it making threads everywhere is getting old and just drowns out discussion about other products that are actually out or coming out soon, and that's exactly their intention.
nangu
tioJim wrote:
"BARP" <<< lolz

Yep, that’s an unfortunate name. Kinda sounds like the upstream version of a shart..
drowld
I'm so hyped. The 2600 have been a dream. I would still buy it for 1500-2000$ tbh.
Demos are probably less than 2 years away Dead Banana
calaveras
for reals, can we just stop doing the work of Behringers marketing managers. Let them release product specs and release dates before we start another 30 page thread for their benefit.
Neo
Where's the Bynthi AKS?
Fabong
I love my Korg Arp Odyssey. It's not vintage but that's no big deal for me. I would check out a 2600 clone, whether I'd buy I'm not sure yet. But I am interested. I have got the Arp craving now.
lmgrovllum
Is it selling time for TTSH owners hmmm..... ?
Sir Ruff
lmgrovllum wrote:

Sure.. yeah... for a product that is like 3 years away.

Seriously, I think we need a moratorium on B* PCB-only teaser threads at this point.
Panason
Did they even make a Barp Odyssey yet?
CF3
Sir Ruff wrote:
lmgrovllum wrote:

Sure.. yeah... for a product that is like 3 years away.

Seriously, I think we need a moratorium on B* PCB-only teaser threads at this point.

Behringer’s marketing and development strategy

Rex Coil 7
BARP ... half burp/half fart.

Or combination burp and fart.

... ewwww ... gag me with a spoon
thetwlo
As much as the 2600 was a great synth, it's still a more amazing educational tool, at B's prices this should be mandatory in every music room. It's the cost of a few textbooks, in the '70's it was the cost of a 1000+ textbooks.
SweetNuthin
another vaporwave by Mr.B.. also i read that the Crave synth is 52 weeks delayed... d'oh! Jeez lol
Muzone
SweetNuthin wrote:
.... also i read that the Crave synth is 52 weeks delayed... d'oh! Jeez lol

Good news I would have thought - means the haterz can have another whole year of slagging a product they have no intention of buying hmmm.....
Joe.
Everyone in this thread got sued (hides)
nectarios
I think most people know that these new announcements, will be just that for a good while, i.e. at least a year.

Maybe they're trying to keep people from spending their money by showing them that they are planning on making a synth they possibly like.

I love the ARP2600...always wanted one but could never afford it and can't possibly take up the TTSH soldering job.

The format of the the 2600 is critical, so even though I am not holding my breath and I was never going to buy a TTSH or vintage ARP2600, this is an interesting project.
SonicRevolutions
Where that pro 1 at?
a100user
SonicRevolutions wrote:
Where that pro 1 at?

Last I heard they are leaving factory end of May (now) and then distribution end June.

We'll see.
nectarios

Shledge
Even if this one isn't accurate sounding, it's something I'll heavily consider buying, whenever it comes out...
nectarios
Shledge wrote:
Even if this one isn't accurate sounding, it's something I'll heavily consider buying, whenever it comes out...

Same.
Always wanted one because of the format factor. Even if it remotely sounds similar, I am in...especially if they put LEDs on the sliders.
nectarios
Switchable 4012/4072 VCF too... SlayerBadger!
LED brightness trim in the back.

we're not worthy
chiasticon
looks like their screen printer was a little drunk at the wheel! Guinness ftw!

not surprised they removed the speakers, and are going with a digital reverb. they're not after 100% authenticity. and because they did, it makes sense they moved the ring mod and pre-amp to the bottom, then added the module from the 3620 keyboard.

looks like they added some of the CMS type of mods: osc sync switches, time range switches, and 1/4" output. plus there's now PWM for osc3 and all four waveform outputs.

curious to hear how it sounds. at the price they'll likely sell it for, it may be worth it even just as a voltage processor.
Fallen_lassen
I hope the teaser of tomorrow will be the arp 2500 and on the day after that the synthi 100. Miley Cyrus
calaveras
Am I the only one who wishes there wasn’t USB and MIDI?
On board effects seem to be bypassable, so I don’t really care if it’s digital. Just happy it doesn’t say ‘famous Klark Teknik Midas reverb’.
Yeah I might buy one, but also depends on how well they execute. I was going to get the Korg Odyssey, but it felt cheap and flimsy when I checked one out so I skipped that.
nectarios
calaveras wrote:

Eh? Why would they not include MIDI control?
This is clearly aimed towards the synth enthusiasts that are on a budget.
calaveras
nectarios wrote:
calaveras wrote:

There are a ton of CV Gate keyboards and sequencers these days. You don't need a vintage synth to plug up anymore.
Microbrute, Beatstep etc.

I've had bad experiences with MIDI interfaces tacked onto to circuits that werent designed around MIDI.
nectarios
calaveras wrote:
nectarios wrote:
calaveras wrote:

There are a ton of CV Gate keyboards and sequencers these days. You don't need a vintage synth to plug up anymore.
Microbrute, Beatstep etc.

I've had bad experiences with MIDI interfaces tacked onto to circuits that werent designed around MIDI.

This is going to be well cheap anyway though and not everyone has a MIDI to CV keyboard and even if they do, they are probably using it to drive something else, so definitely best to just plug a MIDI cable and play the thing.
calaveras
Midi to CV?
What is the need for that?
Just use good old fashioned CV Gate technology.
My point was more that if you are doing vintage analog, why introduce the pain, suffering and uncertainty that is MIDI.

anyway. Found some list of it's features and this one has me LOLing.

Quote:
Realistic digital spring reverb for inspiring sound effects
nectarios
calaveras wrote:

My point was more that if you are doing vintage analog, why introduce the pain, suffering and uncertainty that is MIDI.

lol!
applause
Panason
Because a lot of people have MIDI controllers and MIDI sequencers?

Down with CV, bring on MIDI 2.0!
scanningthemirror
I hope they will have a back and white panel as well!
Dave Peck
nectarios wrote:
Switchable 4012/4072 VCF too... SlayerBadger!
LED brightness trim in the back.

we're not worthy

The filter options are a good idea. Looks like they learned from the Karp Odyssey's three-way filter switch. Nice.

But the LED brightness control seems surprising - does this mean it is going to have illuminated slide pots like a TTSH? Seems like an unnecessary expense to me.
rkilman
Holy cow, this is bonkers! What a time to be into synths.
UltraViolet
Lately Behringer seems to have lots of mockups, but few new products actually being released for sale. I wonder if they are pulling their engineers every which way on so many projects that no progress is getting done.
phats
They demo'd a prototype at superbooth or namm 2018 i think.

Honestly I wish more manufacturers gave a view of what their pipeline was like.
jonne74
nectarios wrote:
Shledge wrote:

Same.
Always wanted one because of the format factor. Even if it remotely sounds similar, I am in...especially if they put LEDs on the sliders.

Going by how identical the Model D is, I think they'll come close enough.
nectarios
jonne74 wrote:
nectarios wrote:
Shledge wrote:

Same.

Going by how identical the Model D is, I think they'll come close enough.

Yes I think so too.
I have a tech friend who has a vintage Minimoog and a Behringer Model D. He changed some components on the Behringer D and made it spot on to the vintage Minimoog he owns...so I suspect the same can be done for BARP, but I also believe its going to be close enough from the factory.
dkcg
calaveras wrote:
Midi to CV?
What is the need for that?
Just use good old fashioned CV Gate technology.

anyway. Found some list of it's features and this one has me LOLing.

Quote:
Realistic digital spring reverb for inspiring sound effects

This may be the very first hardware synth that someone buys. The impression I get from reading newbie posts in social media is that a lot of Behringer fans are first or second time hardware synth buyers. If they don't make it for as wide a base as possible they will not sell as well or get a lot of complaints like why isn't there USB/midi/presets. Remember, most their new users are not coming from a hardware based background and are new to hardware and the B-gear may be the centerpiece of their studio.
The Grump
*GASPS*

If this turns out to be real...ZOMFG, especially if they offer it for <$500 USD.
tuttlerecall
What are the chances this actually has a spring reverb?
Christopher Winkels
tuttlerecall wrote:

Nil.

They already said it will be a digital reverb.
nectarios
I suspect TC Electronic will be involved so it will be usable.

I also think it sill 500-600€. Let's see.
Neo
Christopher Winkels wrote:
tuttlerecall wrote:

Nil.

They already said it will be a digital reverb.

That sucks a bit, but I imagine it would be relatively easy to mod it with a real spring reverb
nectarios

SlayerBadger!
doombient.music
nectarios wrote:

SlayerBadger!

Christmas time, wonderful Christmas time...

Stephen
nectarios
Pretty sure those are mini jacks too, so easy to interface with euro.
Panason
Quote:
This may be the very first hardware synth that someone buys.

Looks pretty intimidating.

I wonder if the actual product will really have all those different coloured LEDs, cause it also looks pretty damn cool like that. (I'd replace the white ones with purple/pink tho)
nectarios
Panason wrote:
Quote:
This may be the very first hardware synth that someone buys.

Looks pretty intimidating.

I wonder if the actual product will really have all those different coloured LEDs, cause it also looks pretty damn cool like that. (I'd replace the white ones with purple/pink tho)

They said this in their FB page

Quote:

Our designers decided to modulate the LED’s for the envelope curve etc. so you can see the actual signal process. Once we have signal going though we’ll do a quick video.
CF3
Quite impressive if it actually sees the light of day. And I LOVE that it’s rackmount.
RickKleffel
Uh-oh....

https://www.gear4music.com/us/en/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Behringer-Odysse y-Analog-Synthesizer/2V98?fbclid=IwAR3sTHLTsmr37a952kx3rDFASAGepOnKjw0 fBYma0Gp6X-N3B82dinGy5sY
Sanys
wow is it already out?
trentpmcd
Sanys wrote:
wow is it already out?

The Behringer Odyssey just arrived as a pre-order on most music store sites. The 2600 is still just a line in the sand for anyone else who was thinking of putting out a 2600 clone...
sduck
Yes I think that link was posted in the wrong thread.
Sanys
trentpmcd wrote:
Sanys wrote:
wow is it already out?

The Behringer Odyssey just arrived as a pre-order on most music store sites. The 2600 is still just a line in the sand for anyone else who was thinking of putting out a 2600 clone...

that's fine, with their speed it looks like 2600 will be out by 2600
Voltage_Controller
Not a fan of the green LEDs but a solid 2600 clone will probably separate me from my
Christopher Winkels
Sanys wrote:
trentpmcd wrote:
Sanys wrote:
wow is it already out?

that's fine, with their speed it looks like 2600 will be out by 2600

Behringer have delivered five synths to retailers in three years, with the sixth set to hit Thomann by the the end of the month.

This "taking forever" trope needs to be put to rest. The only significant difference between their lead times and those of, say Korg or Roland, is that Behringer makes announcements very early in the development cycle, not while containers are getting loaded at the dock in China.
a100user
Christopher Winkels wrote:

Behringer have delivered five synths to retailers in three years, with the sixth set to hit Thomann by the the end of the month.

This "taking forever" trope needs to be put to rest. The only significant difference between their lead times and those of, say Korg or Roland, is that Behringer makes announcements very early in the development cycle, not while containers are getting loaded at the dock in China.

Couldn't agree more.
I have three Behringer products; DM12, Model D & Neutron and am very happy with all three.

Their marketing strategy is novel to say the least but so far is working in their favour but folks need to realise the elapsed time from a computer render to a production model is multiple months if not years, depending on complexity.

The two I would consider as future acquisitions would be a 2600 clone, VCS3 clone and hopefully another new design - the Neutron is a really nice synth.
RickKleffel
sduck wrote:
Yes I think that link was posted in the wrong thread.

Sorry, I ran a search for the correct thread, but the name is (deliberately?) misspelled in that one, it's labeled as an

Oddysey

As opposed to the spawn of

Odysseus...

Odd, innit? [Exits quickly, grabbing a 2600 on my way to the d00r]
Panason
Damn, it will never be like this
thevegasnerve
this is probably the one B- project that really interests me due to the impracticality of having anything like this if its not seriously affordable... I guess that true in general for me... : )
chiasticon
Panason wrote:
Damn, it will never be like this

we're not worthy

agreed. but if that thing would ever go into actual production, I'd buy one over the BARP.
cornutt
If the orange paint doesn't glow in the dark, it's bogus. Mr. Green
cornutt
If the orange paint doesn't glow in the dark, it's bogus. Mr. Green
Bogus
Anyone catch wind of when this will be on shelves? I've always wanted a 2600 hyper
Sanys
check when Pro-1 was announced and when it's out, same for 808 clone. do the math
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 3