Long & Wanky

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

MrDys
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Long & Wanky

Post by MrDys » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 pm

I haven't posted anything for awhile, and I recorded this jam tonight, so I figured I might as well throw it online.

http://tricyclebicyclecycle.org/dys/mus ... 0wanky.mp3

I'm testing out this new way of working with my modular that is less planned out and cerebral, and more improvised and go-with-the-flowy.

The patch is pretty basic: ELF LFO modulating another ELF LFO with pitches coming from a A149-1, sequenced by a SEQ-01 that is being clocked by a 707 (which is also providing all of the percussion), into a M12 (which is also filtering the drums) that is being modulated by LFOs from a A143-1, into a M13 with a touch of reverb from a Z5000.

It's got a very minimal techno feel, so, you know, fair warning. Also, it's not edited at all, so some parts are loud, boring, cliche, etc. Just a lot of having a patch going, twiddling some knobs and playing with parts on the drum machine.

It was so fun that I looked down and the recording was already at 9 minutes, and I figured that was probably enough for now. All in all, I really enjoy this jamming approach, and it's definitely how I want to approach my modular in the future.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”