MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 700 Launch fun (no music)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 700 Launch fun (no music)
nohsodesu
Clearing out my office and came across some old Buchla 700 documents and such. Thought, with the occasional interest here about this instrument, you might enjoy seeing this.

Actually, I have a stack of things - books, cds, etc. Still trying to figure out how to move them out but that is another story.
Enjoy

vgermuse
This is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing w00t
ryangaston
Wowowow, amazing and hilarious lol

The 700 is one of the only Buchla instruments I can’t seem to find any original documentation about. If you have any other brochures/manuals/etc I know I personally would love to see them!

Cheers!
LVU
Wow, this is hilarious.

I wonder what the "Maiden Voyage Ports Of Call" means, are this maybe preorders?
There is this story that a late Buchla with a computer screen to set it up, is one of the very few if not the only Buchla that made it to Switzerland during the pre-200e years. Apparently the owner handed it down to his apprentice (it wasn't a music related business), which at the some point struggled with mental health issues and so the Buchla probably ended up in the garbage. sad banana
So with Port: Zurich, this would make sense.
Buchla myths.
nohsodesu
I think your assumption may be mostly correct.
I can vouch for at least one of those ports.
Peake
Awesome, thanks!
ryangaston
The date of the "grand launching" is the date of the KPFA broadcast, and of course the sake factory is where the event took place:
https://archive.org/details/OTG_1988_03_21

The "wireless frequency" stated is the KPFA frequency—still curious about the "ports of call," could be rebroadcast areas?

Would be cool to know, perhaps there were indeed places where instruments were destined to go as LVU suggested.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1