MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wavelab - How do you use it?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Wavelab - How do you use it?
unpunk
I am considering purchasing Wavelab Elements. I have some demo tapes of my past bands and some of my earlier electronic recordings that I would like to fix/ improve; e.g. noise, stereo repair and, just generally improve quality. The info on the net (including Steinberg's website) is vague and reviews confusing. I have Cubase 10 but am not the biggest fan (support is terrible and members on their forum - negative). What do you think? What would surprise me? Should I go with iZotope instead? Why?
JohnLRice
I used to love WaveLab many years ago and then I kind of quit using DAWs much at all when I got bitten by the modular bug over 10 years ago! hihi I recently purchased current versions of DAWs I used to use, including WaveLab, but have only used it a couple times so far. (I'm getting ready to work on recording music but . . . . I'm still finalizing modular systems . . almost done though . . . meh d'oh! lol )

Give WaveLab Elements a try, it's free to down load and use for the first month. thumbs up
reekster
Wavelab Pro is my primary audio editing, looping and mastering software. It’s extremely powerful bit a little tough to figure out at first. It’s far easier than it used to be.
kf6gpe
I got a free copy of Wavelab LE with a digital recorder, and use it frequently for basic audio editing — trimming, fades, and simple work with VST plugins, as well as file conversion. The UI is a little wonky, but I like it better than Audacity (although I thin anything I’m doing I could probably do in Audacity), and I keep being tempted by the Elements version.
Monotremata
Waaaaaaay back when I was using Cubase VST24 and VST32 (Windows 2000/ME days hah), Wavelab was THE audio editor for anything with a two-track stereo file. Before I moved to Logic/MacOS and moved to Waveburner, Wavelab was the business when it came to mastering and laying out CD's too.

I know its made for the Mac now, that was one piece of Windows software I sorely missed. Is it still as awesome as it was? The Mac's got some pretty crappy choices for 2 track editors that do CD mastering now that both Waveburner and Peak are long gone.
hdd
Work mainly on hardware but i love wavelab to fix my some part of my recording before mastering it in studio one.

I use it to enhance my enveloppe volume on some part. Remove noise and click, Recreate missing part of waveform due to clipping.

Really an important tool for me.
Funky40
my main uses for wavelab since ever:
cutting and extracting samples. add start end fade in-outs if needed.
set marker points. Gain adjustments

i used to have and used wavelab 4.
i own now WaveLab Elements and the lite version also.
i found wavelab 4 much easier to use than elements now. ( the whole shortcut thing)
My lite version is on the macbook and i had to use it a few days ago, and i definitly missed some things vs. Elements.

all those audio editors have pros and cons.
the main point is to work yourself into such a app so that things flow good enough

see also other threads here taht run the last months.
DSP quattro was also mentioned alots.
Not used mine since demoing it. The installation of the old version failed.
the guy gave me no further hand....( maybe he missed that mail, though )
A DSP quattro lizence is good for several machines ( win, mac) wavelab is NOT.
gruebleengourd
I used wavelab through 6. That's mostly obsolete now and didn't see the value in upgrading to 8 considering what else is available these days. I switched over to Acoustica 7 for my editing and mastering needs.
david_r
I used to use wavelab way back when on the PC, it was great. Now I work in osx and am in the need for an editor. Think I'm going to give wavelab elements a try. The UI looks pretty different from the version I used to use.
Monotremata
david_r wrote:
I used to use wavelab way back when on the PC, it was great. Now I work in osx and am in the need for an editor. Think I'm going to give wavelab elements a try. The UI looks pretty different from the version I used to use.

Sound Studio isn't too bad. Covers all the basics and then some, and for $30 cant really complain (I paid what $400 for Peak when it was around?).

https://felttip.com/ss/

Still looking for a good replacement for Wavelab 3 on the Mac though after all these years. Peak was pretty good even though the CD mastering wasn't as simple as Wavelab, but its been long dead, and now that Apple killed Waveburner a few years ago there's nothing left except for complicated DDP apps when all I want to do is burn a damn cd to listen to.
Funky40
gruebleengourd wrote:
I switched over to Acoustica 7 for my editing and mastering needs.

Is a lizence good for just one computer or many ( how much) ?
sygor
unpunk wrote:
Should I go with iZotope instead? Why?

I don't know anything about wavelab but iZotope RX is absolutely amazing IMHO. It sounds like your main concern is restoration and that is right in the wheelhouse of RX. I mainly use it for recording sound fx and honestly, I can't even imagine how I used to make sound fx without RX. You can get rid of noise, bumps, clicks, all sorts of problems until you just have left want you actually want.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1