MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TC June 60 Chorus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author TC June 60 Chorus
MindMachine
Likely that this has been mentioned, but I only looked down a page.

Tremendous value. Amy owners? My only current 'chorus' is the Waza DC pedal and a couple of the Behringer plastic clones. And I have an old Peavey Dual Clock Stereo Chorus, which is weird.
CosmicFlight
Sounds like phase issue on the TC youtube demo confused
Some people thinks it is because the mono input
I don't know, but maybe worth a try for that price
PrimateSynthesis
I haven't had a Juno 60 in ages, and I'm too lazy to get out of my chair go downstairs and look at the service notes, but isn't the output of the summing amp, and therefore the input to the chorus, mono?
JimY
As far as I can tell, the original is x2 BBD systems with a common mono input. Type I and II are the same slow chorale but at different speeds of the common LFO.

Together I + II are a faster & shallower tremulant. However, the 2 BBD's are then modulated at 180deg phase difference from the LFO which effect will only work properly with separated stereo output.

In all modes, the dry input is mixed with each chorus to an output.

If only one output is plugged in, a fixed mono mix goes to that output.

Note that the original used the MN3009 256 stage BBD and replacement with the more common 1024 stage means either clocking the chips x4 faster or sounding different. I've not been able to find which BBD is used in those clones.
PrimateSynthesis
JimY wrote:

Note that the original used the MN3009 256 stage BBD and replacement with the more common 1024 stage means either clocking the chips x4 faster or sounding different. I've not been able to find which BBD is used in those clones.

Clocking 1024 stage chips x4 faster would sound different even if the anti-aliasing filters were the same frequency.
JimY
Xvive sell MN3009
http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=368
... still, word is that it isn't meant to sound right anyway!
http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/05/tc-electronic-june-60-not-replica- roland-juno-chorus.html
It's very cheap, but it isn't the real deal.
PrimateSynthesis
Then I'm guessing it's digital. There are plenty of pedals out there that are basically plug-ins in stomp boxes.
DMR
I don't think this is digital, but rather a poorly produced analog emulation. I assume it uses Cool Audio BBD chips since both TC Electronic and Cool Audio are Behringer sub-brands.
thetwlo
PrimateSynthesis wrote:
Then I'm guessing it's digital. There are plenty of pedals out there that are basically plug-ins in stomp boxes.

it is NOT digital
PrimateSynthesis
DMR wrote:
I don't think this is digital, but rather a poorly produced analog emulation. I assume it uses Cool Audio BBD chips since both TC Electronic and Cool Audio are Behringer sub-brands.

Well, the easiest way to find out is for someone who has one to open it up and look at it.
JimY

The x4 DIL-8 chips across the centre look likely to be the required MN series BBD and clock chips (2 each).

I can't see the part numbers. Cool Audio only publicly list their equivalent of the MN3007 1024 stage BBD, but that doesn't mean they aren't producing the shorter delay devices now purely for internal consumption. The Roland Vocoder/strings keyboard Behringer have made ought to have 512 stage IIRC in its ensemble chorus.

The rest of the chips could be dual and quad op-amps.

Not sure what the wider 16pin smd chip above the bypass switch is.
PrimateSynthesis
JimY wrote:

Not sure what the wider 16pin smd chip above the bypass switch is.

I'm guessing it's an analog switch chip to do the bypassing.
JimY
It claims to true bypass and that clunky looking keyswitch could well be latching although those never look strong enough for footwork to me.

But you could still be right about the analogue switch. The Roland original used JFET switches to change the modulation circuits and the chip might be replacing those.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1