MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

humidifiers bad?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author humidifiers bad?
sleestack808
I have some breathing issues and was recommended a humidifier. Is it bad to have gear and a humid room?
arthurdent
As long as the moisture isn't condensing on equipment surfaces, you're not gonna have a problem. You're gonna want an evaporative type humidifier, not a spray type unit. If spray is what you want/need, you'll have to be careful not to spray in the direction of the equipment.
Panason
On a related note. I'm staying somewhere with a bit of a damp issue and thinking to get a small ozone generator (kills spores and smells) . Can that cause damage to electronics?
Fallen_lassen
Panason wrote:
On a related note. I'm staying somewhere with a bit of a damp issue and thinking to get a small ozone generator (kills spores and smells) . Can that cause damage to electronics?

Don’t put it next to the spore drive Miley Cyrus
acidbob
If you cover your electronis with airtight plastic i think you are ok. Ozone is corrosive as far as i know, and the ones that are not just doesnt really work. Better get some filters to clean the air, keep the place warm and install some sort of ventilation
Panason
Thanks, was wondering about that - and I had forgotten I had a HEPA air filter & ionizer in my bottomless stash of "things that may come in handy later".
Mind Flayer
Yeah, you need to be careful with which type of humidifier you use. Before I moved most of my synth stuff to my attic, I kept my guitars up there, and I added a humidifier to keep the wood from drying out in the winter when the heat was on and in the summer when the ac was on. While it helped keep the room from getting too dry, I found that it was causing this very thin white film to start building up on my guitars, so I stopped using it. I can't imagine that whatever it was would be good for the internals of my synths that are up there now. I think it was calcium from the tap water I was using to fill up the humidifier.
nadafarms
rust maybe years later?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1