MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Micromac filter not fully opening??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Micromac filter not fully opening??
Eichburger
Not sure if I have a problem with my micromac R. I was messing about with it today and noticed it sounded a bit dull. Looked at the filter and discovered that it was a long way off fully open with the cutoff turned right up. A bit of envelope applied to the filter seemed to open it. Is this normal behaviour?

Would be grateful if any other R/D users could confirm?
DiscoDevil
Probably need to make sure any VCF modulation sources are turned off in order to get the full range out of the cutoff pot.
Eichburger
DiscoDevil wrote:
Probably need to make sure any VCF modulation sources are turned off in order to get the full range out of the cutoff pot.

All modulation sources are off. With the resonance right up the self oscillation is still in the audible range with the filter cutoff frequency control right up - about 12kHz I'd say.
onthelees
I have not noticed such a problem with mine.
Jason Brock
Filter tracking the keyboard - half/full or off?
I don't have mine anymore but I remember that switch making a big difference in a lot of my patches.
Eichburger
Jason Brock wrote:
Filter tracking the keyboard - half/full or off?
I don't have mine anymore but I remember that switch making a big difference in a lot of my patches.

Keyboard tracking off. With it switched in or with a reasonable cv input then the filter opens right up. Must just be how it's set up.
resynthesize
i don't have this problem with my micromac, but my backend filter exhibits this behavior
dubonaire
I have a Micromac-R and it is very sensitive to oscillator combinations, and the VCF and VCA envelope settings as well as the toggle switch settings. There is definitely some dialling in of sweet spots required.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1