MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Black Stereo Delay released
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Erica Black Stereo Delay released
Richard deHove
Clear design and functionality. Erica demo video (although I preferred the old ones that had talking):

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/eurorack-modules/by-series/black-serie s/black-stereo-delay/
cackland
Looks good.
Tonescape
And sounds really good too. Need this w00t
synonymist
Tonescape wrote:
And sounds really good too. Need this w00t

Yes, it promises to be a beauty. But now what will I cut to make the rack space for it? neutral
matttech
OHHH yeah.... Rockin' Banana!
Gyroscope
I was going to order one directly from Erica Synths but I saw they use Fedex internationally. Fedex charges crazy importation fees here so I'll wait for the module to be available in stores here. I guess this shouldn't be long.
TemplarK
Sounds really good damn!
matttech
TemplarK wrote:
Sounds really good damn!

Preorders already open wink
josematou
i'm looking for a looper. and this module seem's perfect for that with the hold and add function.
But i'm not sure if this function can be synced with an external clock...

Apparently you can use the delay over the loop in sync via the trigger input of the tap function but not the hold function...
I'd rather prefer a synced looper than a synced delay

Or maybe if a clock is active in the tap function, the hold button wait the next trig to record and the next trig when you release it seriously, i just don't get it
Gyroscope
I received mine yesterday. It seems cool but 2 things are bugging me. First, there was a "Tested" sticker at the back of the module but the date was 2017 seriously, i just don't get it. Second, the word Feedback on the faceplate is already half-erased. Don't really know what to do with this issue.
TemplarK
Gyroscope wrote:
I received mine yesterday. It seems cool but 2 things are bugging me. First, there was a "Tested" sticker at the back of the module but the date was 2017 seriously, i just don't get it. Second, the word Feedback on the faceplate is already half-erased. Don't really know what to do with this issue.

I mean, a tested sticker is a tested sticker its only there for the manufacturers to differentiate the ones that they have and have not tested the date is arbitary i don't know why you would even see this as something that would bug you?

The faceplate is another matter the silkscreen probably wasn't done right and ask them for a replacement.
goldi
Wow sounds amazing. This is exactly what a digital delay should do -- nice design thumbs up
Gyroscope
TemplarK wrote:
Gyroscope wrote:

I mean, a tested sticker is a tested sticker its only there for the manufacturers to differentiate the ones that they have and have not tested the date is arbitary i don't know why you would even see this as something that would bug you?

The faceplate is another matter the silkscreen probably wasn't done right and ask them for a replacement.

I saw the half-erased word on the face plate and then saw the 2017 Tested sticker. I'm not in panic or anything. I was just wondering why a module I bought new had a 2017 sticker on it and a less than pristine face plate.
red
I now play around for some weeks with the new Black Stereo Delay... and it's extremely fun!
With only a simple audio source you can create wildest soundscapes - you only need some modulator sources and control the different CV-ins (I used Black Octasource).
And, with some less randomness - e.g. using a sequencer and/or clock sync you can generate interesting rhythmically patterns and glitches...

Instead of using CV it's also possible to control al lot of madness by using the four knobs.

Did I mentioned that this module sounds excellent - and with its wide time range (3ms to 3s) you can cover a lot of known and also unknown delay type sounds - from nice to pure chaos!

cool
akavalve
Anyone want to compare to the 4ms DLD?
Either in sound quality or feature set?
akavalve
akavalve wrote:
Anyone want to compare to the 4ms DLD?
Either in sound quality or feature set?

More specifically I'm interested in the "I have a DLD, what can this do that the DLD can't" perspective.
versipellis
I'd love to see a sound quality shootout with the Magneto, too.
guigui
So a delay addict with DLD, Magneto, Chronoblob 2 and Erica Stereo Delay, please do us a favor.
sempervirent
guigui wrote:
So a delay addict with DLD, Magneto, Chronoblob 2 and Erica Stereo Delay, please do us a favor.

Classic case of "gotta catch 'em all" – having owned many delay pedals over the years, I feel that Eurorack delays are no different. Slightly different tones, slightly different feature sets, etc. Can't really compare one with another.
cptnal
I'm in lust since watching the demo. Want. Drunken Homer Simpson
muddy ranks
Looks promising... I'm interested for a few reasons:

1. Less HP than Magneto
2. Stereo and Ping Pong
3. Reverse

Would've liked to hear more of the reverse function on it's own... Like with a melody as opposed to on modulated noise or rapidly triggered at random.
seriously, i just don't get it
gummyboy
The “ADD” button doesn’t go off with “MODE” switch to “TAPE”.
It goes off with “DIGITAL” mode.
Is there any combo pressing to turn it off?
muddy ranks
Still haven't pulled the trigger... Just saving up. Curious how the folks who've already picked up the BSD are getting on with it.

*this vid doesn't cover the reverse feature in any depth but it's cool to see more content on the module. hope to see more!
djmhiratzka
This looks dope... cool demo! i have a ton of delay pedals but might consider this one for my rig...
Tonefloat01
Does anyone have these in stock currently in the USA?
I have one on preorder but thinking of canceling if I can get one sooner.
Thanks in advance.. cry
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2