MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Manual CV Patch Programmers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Manual CV Patch Programmers
JES
Greetings. I’m trying to get a sense of CV programmers out there. It’s a little hard because the naming isn’t standardized (versus, say, a VCF) and a modulargrid search turns up a lot of other options.

Basically, I’m looking for systems where a user can set up a “preset” with at least 3 CVs, and then manually switch between them.

Examples would include the Synthwerks 4x4 programmer, Pressure Points, Voltage Block (not its main function but you can do it with some button pressing), Tetrapad (not its main function but you can do it) and Emblematic Systems Catalyst (with a fader).

What am I missing? I seem to recall a recent thread about an Eastern European company making something but of course search is broken....
cliffemu
Search with google using site:muffwiggler.com

Voltage block is probably your best bet, though the faders are a little tricky when moved slowly.
euromorcego
JES wrote:

Basically, I’m looking for systems where a user can set up a “preset” with at least 3 CVs, and then manually switch between them.

there were a few of those announced recently ... one is called "preset".
Futuresound
Meng Qi Voltage memory

Dnipro Metamorph

Doboz Touch Sensing Note Memory
suboptimal
A bit out of the box, but you can also do this with the Z8000 and an external switch that lets you select the active steps. Maybe too complicated...

I had the full Pressure Points (with Analog Memory) system for a while and enjoyed it, although I got fed up with the touch plates not always responding and downgraded to a single Pressure Points, which turns out to be plenty for my needs.

I haven't used it but I suspect the Synthwerks is a more reliable option. He makes high quality stuff.
diffrentstrolks
The Dnipro Metamorph thread is probably the one you're referencing:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216901

They seem to be OOS; hope they come back :{

I've been researching modules that send/receive messages along the Select Bus to accomplish preset management among modules like the Macro Machines Omnimod and the Expert Sleepers Disting MK4 recently.

Here's a thread about that:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192344
luketeaford
Sequencers with touch gates do this like the Verbos Voltage Multistage or R*S Sequencer/Programmer
Jumbuktu
JES wrote:

I seem to recall a recent thread about an Eastern European company making something but of course search is broken....

That could be SSSR Labs SM010 Matriarchate, although it is more like a cv patch programmer than a preset cv generator.
Scott M2
A Eurorack version of this would do the trick - and this does have 1/8" jacks, so it could be an external solution.
https://www.modularsynthesis.com/SCI/700/m700.htm
bougie
MI Frames can do this quite well. Can either be stepped with an external clock or manually with the big knob.
dugw
I’m using a Tetrapad in voltages mode for this. Currently you get 8 pads to each recall 8 CV values and a slew rate is settable from 0 to very slow, but then also then overridable with pressure to speed it up. Its very performable. I’m very happy with it.

Also notes about the teased Tete expander sound like 16 locations with sequencing will be possible when it is available. I am looking forward to it.

cheers,
dug
ggillon
Mimetic Digitalis can store up to 4 16-steps CV sequences with 4 CV out that you can switch and nudge on the fly
JES
Thanks everyone!
diffrentstrolks
Dnipro got back to me re: the Metamorph; they should have more in stock in the next few weeks cool
Wjbratcher
One more: Sputnik 5 step sequencer. Buttons for all five stages, and four channels.
Agawell
addac vc transitions
Parnelli
Tetrapad here as well for this application.
ersatzplanet
Why not the Synthwerks PGM-4x4? Four columns of four rows of CV out, programmable to be 0-5V or 0-10V range (by row) and each column can be chosen via pushbutton, gate input, or by an internal simple sequencer. They can be chained to 8 columns wide or stacked to as many rows as you have cabinet space.

Contact me (james@synthwerks.com) and I will get you in on our soon to be discount sale.

Here is link to the owners manual - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gzr94ujsd6j1el/PGM-4X4%20Manual.pdf?dl=0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1