MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Just bought a Dunst, wtf have I done?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Just bought a Dunst, wtf have I done?
electricanada
$200 for a module to make random noise and crackles? I could get random noise and crackles for free by recording a loop off shortwave radio. Talk me down off the ledge, bros!
Hi5
Sell it. People into these will pay for it
notb
I'd be interested in buying but before you sell I'd ask you to please reconsider this module. I believe this module is intended to be just a part of a group of modules. I imagine it would be great to create wave or thunder sounds. The crackle could trigger an envelope generator and filter which shapes the white noise at random intervals. The probability of the crackle can also be controlled. Of course, there are other IFM family modules that can work for this.
electricanada
notb wrote:
I'd be interested in buying but before you sell I'd ask you to please reconsider this module. I believe this module is intended to be just a part of a group of modules. I imagine it would be great to create wave or thunder sounds. The crackle could trigger an envelope generator and filter which shapes the white noise at random intervals. The probability of the crackle can also be controlled. Of course, there are other IFM family modules that can work for this.

I’m not giving up on it yet. One of the outputs gives me random gates for my percussion that I like, but I already have the Doepfervrandom gates module. I’ll keep exploring.
drwiener
note there is a stereo VCA built into it.
it also can take piezo microphone level as cv or audio input.
electricanada
drwiener wrote:
note there is a stereo VCA built into it.
it also can take piezo microphone level as cv or audio input.

That’s awesome. I have much to learn. I am kind of baffled by it to be honest.

I don’t understand the VCA at all. Is there a normalled input? Why is it stereo? Why is it in the noise module? It’s all so mysterious to me.
Kent
Read the manual.
architexture
Dude I love mine. It's basically like a free high hat and snare machine with two channels. (Or just use the vca's for other drums. It's one of my go to's in my portable case. I use it for a lot of different things.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1