Disting MK4 sample playback white noise

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

setzer
Learning to Wiggle

Disting MK4 sample playback white noise

Post by setzer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:50 am

Couple questions here running on v4.11:

1. My samples are playing back with a crazy overpowering whitenoise, I can't figure out why. I-1, I-2, I-3 all do it, I have attached a zip file with an example of the sound output. I get similar white noise artifacts regardless of the sample chosen (in the example .aif, a kick drum). The sample played is either 32-bit or 24-bit 44khz .wav file format
EDIT I just realized in the manual it says only 16-bit files are supported :sad: is this the reason for the samples playing back with all the white noise ? I guess I gotta let go of these beautiful wave alchemy samples for use in the disting ?

2. The oneshot samples loop even though loop is set to "-loop=0" , I mainly want this feature for drums so I really want this off. I have attached my playlist.txt file in the zip, its in the root directory, why isn't the looping feature turned off ? I assumed this playlist would turn all sample playback from the module into non-looping one-shots.

Any help is appreciated, I own two of these disting mk4's and haven't been able to get anything going with them :sad:

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 am

1. You need to convert your samples to 16 bit.

2. The playlist goes in the folder with the samples.

setzer
Learning to Wiggle

Post by setzer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Fixed both problems!

I just want to point out how much your involvement in helping people with expert-sleepers products means to me. Really makes me think highly of them and lean toward purchasing more in the future.

Thanks OS !

Return to “Expert Sleepers”