MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alyseum Matrix II
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Alyseum Matrix II
CaneMan
OMG. Alyseum is releasing an update to their original Matrix module, and it's 4HP smaller than the original 16x16 version. Dead Banana

Too excited to figure out how to embed. So here's a link to the web page. http://www.alyseum.com/matrix2.html

(downloads manual)
mdoudoroff
Does it sum?
CaneMan
Noooo... From the manual:
Quote:
While it is possible to map one input location to several output locations (and thus have the MATRIX II act as amultiplier), it is impossible to map several inputs to the same output.

Edit: It's built around the same chip as the MS-Matrix (Analog Device AD75019). So as far as I can tell, the improvements are all in the support circuitry: smaller, needs less power, etc.
hawkfuzz
I literally was just thinking someone should make a eurorack pin grid and was trying to figure out how to implement it without clutter. This is great.
sir stony
I'm somewhat surprised at that sign of life. I thought they had gone out of business...
SOPiiAC
CaneMan wrote:
Noooo... From the manual:
Quote:
While it is possible to map one input location to several output locations (and thus have the MATRIX II act as amultiplier), it is impossible to map several inputs to the same output.

Bummer, I guess I'll stick to my plan of a SSSR Labs Matrixarchate.
flo
The SSSR doesn't mix either...
reppiks
The Future Sound Systems MTX9 9x9 pin matrix module allows input summing (accurately if the buffered board option is added).
Paranormal Patroler
Owning both the Alyseum and the FSS I have to say that both have their place. Very useful units. The FSS is immediate and playful, whereas the Alyseum is more of a beast for bigger setups, or more complex situations. CV control over the save position is such a lovely thing with 16x16 grids.

I have a bunch of 3xMIAs parked next to the Alyseum for quick mixing with attenuation. Super nice combo.
CaneMan
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Owning both the Alyseum and the FSS I have to say that both have their place. Very useful units. The FSS is immediate and playful, whereas the Alyseum is more of a beast for bigger setups, or more complex situations. CV control over the save position is such a lovely thing with 16x16 grids.

I have a bunch of 3xMIAs parked next to the Alyseum for quick mixing with attenuation. Super nice combo.

I have a friend with an MS-Matrix as well. Whenever I see his case, I have so much GAS for that module. However, even as I'm getting close to filling a 12U by 84HP case, I haven't been able to convince myself that I'm ready for a 4x4 matrix, much less a 16x16. My patching skills just aren't there yet. I'll probably end up with a Doepfer A-138m matrix mixer first so that I can grow my patching skills around a more playable matrix. (Or a Maze. Or u-he's CVilization if/when it comes out.)
SOPiiAC
flo wrote:
The SSSR doesn't mix either...

That's not exactly true. My understanding is if you send multiple inputs to a single output, you'll get an average of the signals. I think that would be useful.
flo
SOPiiAC wrote:
I think that would be useful.

It might be useful, but it's not mixing.
mdoudoroff
I remain quite satisfied with my WMD SSM, which buffers and sums like a champ, but I applaud all innovation in switches!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1