MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modular Effects Phase Plant vs TRIAD
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Modular Effects Phase Plant vs TRIAD
Koryo
Looks like the modular uprising is circling back to software. Two similar pieces of software just came out.

Kilohearts - Phase Plant
&
Unfiltered Audio - TRIAD

I don't know if TRIAD goes to audio rate modulation like Phase Plant does, but it's about half the price if the Kilohearts Works bundle is considered.

Thoughts? Sound quality? DRM? Ease of use? Stability?
pekbro
Well they're not really competing products. Triad is an effect,
Phase plant is an instrument. Kilohearts multi-pass is closer
to Triad.

Personally, I prefer UA's work over Kilohearts generally. Although,
I consider both very good. I have everything by both developers
except these lol, as I'm not into spending a lot on software
these days having gotten into Eurorack.

I would say that it's not too difficult to collect all the effects from
Kilohearts over a period of time. They tend to put the stuff on sale
individually for pretty cheap. Still, the cost of ownership of all the Kilohearts
effects, likely would exceed that of Triad by a fair margin. That said,
the Kilohearts stuff is arguably less complicated with a somewhat friendlier
workflow.
Koryo
pekbro wrote:
Well they're not really competing products. Triad is an effect, Phase plant is an instrument. Kilohearts multi-pass is closer
to Triad.

Thanks for that. I was just about to post the very same conclusion. Post processing is much more important to me than synthesis at this point.

I went ahead and picked up TRIAD while it was still on sale. I have the Phase Plant on a "Works" sale notification so I can get the Multi Pass app and all effects in one go.

So I activated it and the DRM is a sign in to your account. I have yet to test the software but the reviews for BYOME were positive with the downsides fixed with the TRIAD release.
pekbro
Koryo wrote:
pekbro wrote:
Well they're not really competing products. Triad is an effect, Phase plant is an instrument. Kilohearts multi-pass is closer
to Triad.

Thanks for that. I was just about to post the very same conclusion. Post processing is much more important to me than synthesis at this point.

I went ahead and picked up TRIAD while it was still on sale. I have the Phase Plant on a "Works" sale notification so I can get the Multi Pass app and all effects in one go.

So I activated it and the DRM is a sign in to your account. I have yet to test the software but the reviews for BYOME were positive with the downsides fixed with the TRIAD release.

You cant go wrong with the UA stuff imho thumbs up

The main difference between BYOME and Triad, is that Triad has crossovers for multi-band processing.
They will continue to maintain BYOME as a separate product though. BYOME is a bit cheaper in both cost and cpu hit...

I will likely upgrade to both Phase Plant and Triad at some point. Triad sooner
as the upgrade cost is much less. I am confident Phase Plant will go on sale
before I need it overly lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1