MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Small eurorack to music easel gate passive converter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Small eurorack to music easel gate passive converter
agustindead
Hi guys, I was looking for a simple, passive solution to use my Keystep with my Buchla 208 while I save up for building the 218... I came up with this and wanted to share.

With the KS configured on 12v you can trig the 208, but the envelope won't work on transient mode because the KS gate isn't the "trigger-gate" shape expected by the 208. So I made this little circuit... it's working perfectly, but if anyone wants to have a look at it it'd be great, since I'm not too good with electronics.

It's passive and easy to breadboard, I guess it will depend on how hot the gate is to work correctly, haven't tried it with other eurorack signals, but it works with my Keystep.

Enjoy smile

EDIT: it's NOT 330k but 180k, and it probably can get lower.
diophantine
What's the purpose of the 330k?

I built a handful of passive gate-to-trigger converters a couple years back for a friend. They were even simpler than yours, and still probably overkill. hihi Input to cap, resistor to ground, through a diode, another resistor to ground, and then out. They were just two jacks soldered together with the components wired up in there.

But yeah, if this is working for you & does the trick, it should be fine! Go for it!
tarandfeathers
diophantine wrote:

To pass the sustain portion of the two stage gate (which would otherwise be blocked by the capacitor) I should think, although 330k seems a bit on the high side to me. Pretty similar to the way the two stage gate is generated in the 230, actually.
agustindead
diophantine wrote:

Yeah, it's just as tarandfeathers said... I needed it for triggering the envelope in both modes.

tarandfeathers wrote:
diophantine wrote:

To pass the sustain portion of the two stage gate (which would otherwise be blocked by the capacitor) I should think, although 330k seems a bit on the high side to me. Pretty similar to the way the two stage gate is generated in the 230, actually.

Yes, I used a bit less than 180k, not 330k!! Thanks. Now editing the main post. It's still probably high, didn't test how low you can get... But with that sustain level I was still able to trig everything at once with no problems (pulser, sequencer, envelope and random). Maybe it would need to be reduced for weaker gates (KS' is 12v).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1