MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

QD Quad Drum Voice by vpme.de
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author QD Quad Drum Voice by vpme.de
paperCUT
Sorry if it's been discussed but I can't see a thread for this amazing looking module! Vladimir is kicking ass with this.

QD – Quad Drum Voice,

4 digital drum voices in a 22hp compact module
every voice can be a sample player, a wavetable VCO or a digital drum model
control of pitch, decay and sample selection per voice
uSD card slot, up to 1024 samples total, up to 128 samples per drum voice under CV control
digital models offer range of kicks, snares, hats, strings and other
percussive sounds
4 trigger inputs
4 assignable CV inputs
4 mute buttons and a very intuitive and powerful control interface
4 internal LFOs or mod envelopes than can be synced to triggers
internal 4 channel mixer, 2 output channels
internal 3-band equalizer and compressor

See it at Superbooth 2019, stand E265

Coming June 2019!

http://vpme.de/qd/

The second video on the page shows a ton of hands on control.
Orange
jdee
Sounds pretty rad! Samples, wavetables AND drum models...... tidy!
SunSpots
this sounds really dope. Can you do a video of how you assign everything and set it all up? It sounds like it has a lot more features than just the front panel shows right?
burnn_out!
Curious. The interface looks so simple yeah sounds very complex. Wondering how easy it is to use
diffrentstrolks
Any word on release date/price for this? More modules should have built-in EQ.
av500
I should be assembling the first batch hopefully next week smile
NS4W
Is there a possibility for a cv expander? Would love to have more than one CV input pr voice
av500
NS4W wrote:
Is there a possibility for a cv expander? Would love to have more than one CV input pr voice

actually there is, it has a header to connect an expander wink but if 4 CVs are not enough there are also 4 LFOs as well now...
diffrentstrolks
Will batch one be direct purchase or retail?
av500
diffrentstrolks wrote:
Will batch one be direct purchase or retail?

direct purchase is always available
sir stony
I've been curious about the qd ever since the first mentioning. I built the euclidean circles v2 and I love it, too. But these are module concepts that really need a manual, at least for one thorough reading. Can you provide a qd manual in advance? I'm especially interested in the design and tweakable parameters of the drum synthesis...
av500
sir stony wrote:
I've been curious about the qd ever since the first mentioning. I built the euclidean circles v2 and I love it, too. But these are module concepts that really need a manual, at least for one thorough reading. Can you provide a qd manual in advance? I'm especially interested in the design and tweakable parameters of the drum synthesis...

writing the final bits of it as we speak, will post a link here. please note that with only 3 pots per voice, the breadth of tweaking the synthesis models is a bit limited, you have 2 pots already gone for pitch and decay
av500
SunSpots wrote:
this sounds really dope. Can you do a video of how you assign everything and set it all up? It sounds like it has a lot more features than just the front panel shows right?

Yes, there is a bit more than what the panel reveals and yes, I will do a tutorial video
sir stony
av500 wrote:

writing the final bits of it as we speak, will post a link here. please note that with only 3 pots per voice, the breadth of tweaking the synthesis models is a bit limited, you have 2 pots already gone for pitch and decay

But there's something that looks like an encoder in the center, and the leds on each sector might have shown pages of editing... you know, like, umm, 1st: pitch/decay/waveform for a bass portion, 2nd: pitch/decay/waveform for the click portion, and 3rd: bass-click balance/volume (saturation?)/output panning.
But that's just my fancy about it. wink
Cheers!

...can't wait...
av500
sir stony wrote:
av500 wrote:

But there's something that looks like an encoder in the center, and the leds on each sector might have shown pages of editing... you know, like, umm, 1st: pitch/decay/waveform for a bass portion, 2nd: pitch/decay/waveform for the click portion, and 3rd: bass-click balance/volume (saturation?)/output panning.
But that's just my fancy about it. wink
Cheers!
...can't wait...

yes, of course the encoder and LEDs are being used for some editing, but not down to the nitty gritty of the model internals. I wanted something where you can tweak pots on stage...
RogueWarrior
Oh, Oh, JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!

Please Sir, count me in for one of those!

How is it coming.......
prema108
Awesome module! Lets us know when it is available for direct purchase smile
sir stony
Meanwhile Vladimir has made a manual available, good move! applause
This thing can do a lot with its few buttons, it'll be a steep learning curve to use it all.

Still no price tag or dealer listings, tho...
mcpepe
They are hitting the stores right now. Anyone has tried it?
What do you think?
av500
yes, it's out and making it's way to dealers. if you cannot wait I have a few here as well smile
mcpepe
Thanks av500.

It's a very interesting module. I want to see more videos of the quad drum and hear opinions from other users that have used it. In particular, the modeled drums
av500
mcpepe wrote:
Thanks av500.

It's a very interesting module. I want to see more videos of the quad drum and hear opinions from other users that have used it. In particular, the modeled drums

funny, at Superbooth 2018 nobody was interested in the models, but everybody asked me if it was playing samples - so I added samples smile
mcpepe
av500 wrote:

funny, at Superbooth 2018 nobody was interested in the models, but everybody asked me if it was playing samples - so I added samples smile

The addition of samples is great!
Reading the manual, V/oct pitch is supported. Great! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Can the samples be looped so you could use single-cycle wavs like an oscillator?

@av500 You talk there is a header to connect an expander. Maybe individual outs could be added?
av500
mcpepe wrote:
av500 wrote:

The addition of samples is great!
Reading the manual, V/oct pitch is supported. Great! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Can the samples be looped so you could use single-cycle wavs like an oscillator?

@av500 You talk there is a header to connect an expander. Maybe individual outs could be added?

you can use the already existing wavetable feature for exactly that wink

yes, there is an expansion header, one could add more outs, but they will be with a higher latency as the builtin ones...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2