MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCO IC's
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author VCO IC's
mmm.guitar
Hi,

I'm piecing together the parts for an Oakley VCO issue 7 and have a couple confusions regardging the IC's I was wondering if anyone could help me with.

1. It asks for a LM4040-10 10V precision reference and in the parts list I see a LM4040DIZ and a LM4040CIZ, I'm unsure of the difference / which one would be good.

2. The LF412CN with the parts list the rapid one is discontinued and the farnell links to a LF412CP, is that an ok substitution?

3. TL074, parts list mentions the TL072ACP is an improved version of the TL072, would the TL074ACN be an improved subsitution for the TL074?

Apologies for all the questions, new to this level of electronics and trying to understand the details to hopefully get it working first time smile

Many thanks
Synthbuilder
mmm.guitar wrote:
It asks for a LM4040-10 10V precision reference and in the parts list I see a LM4040DIZ and a LM4040CIZ, I'm unsure of the difference / which one would be good.

Either. Just buy the cheapest one. Make sure you get the through hole version though.

Quote:
The LF412CN with the parts list the rapid one is discontinued and the farnell links to a LF412CP, is that an ok substitution?

Yes. One was from National Semiconductor, the other from the Texas Instruments. Texas have merged with National so these days they are probably exactly the same part but with different labels.

Quote:
...would the TL074ACN be an improved substitution for the TL074?

Yes. The A version offers lower input voltage offsets.
Pav
Hi,

Lm4040 has reverse voltage temperature designated by a,b,c,d acc to datasheet so either is probably fine...I just purchased diz from Mouser.uk

Your ok with lf412 too. N an p(plastic) are packaging material.

Tl074cp and cn ditto
However TL072Acp or Acn , whilst interchangeable with cheaper TL072cp is specified in certain modules for a better quality spec. You may or may not notice an audible difference, usually not. For vco I used ACP or ACN variants where it says in build guide.

I've asked the same questions too before...if you scan the previous threads.

Good luck with your build.

Edit - just beaten to it by the expert hihi
mmm.guitar
Awesome, many thanks Synthbuilder and Pav! Order placed smile

Sorry, will give the forum + your posts here a deeper read, didnt get any hits searching for LM4040 but I suspect alot of threads will be quite relevant as I am very early on in my voyage.
Synthbuilder
mmm.guitar wrote:
... didnt get any hits searching for LM4040

Sadly, the search function on the forum is borked. Everything you put in turns up with 'nothing found'.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1