MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IC] Fatar 37 TP/9S keybed group buy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [IC] Fatar 37 TP/9S keybed group buy
synthcube
Folks, we have arranged with FATAR to order and stock keybeds for our upcoming diy pro2021 kitting effort--- and a couple of other forthcoming kits that will use them. (had to learn some italian along the way!! hihi )

Since we're doing a sizable order, we would like to check interest on joining a group buy.

At the moment, we plan to stock the 37 TP/9S, Semi-weighted+AFTERTOUCH version.

Final price will depend on the unit cost for the quantity we order, and the total inbound shipping/duties to get the stock here. We are estimating they could run from $70 to $110 retail each.

If you're planning to build a pro2021 diy project, this is the keybed for the project.

If there is enough interest, we will list the keybed on our webstore as a pre-order group buy item.

Comments welcome!
Rex Coil 7
Do the kybds include built-in MIDI I/O? What of MIDI channel selection, is there a way to get that done? In comparison to the Dot Com QKB37?

What of availability of wooden end bells and top?

EDIT: "Keypad" .. ?? I'm guessing you mean keybed?
devinw1
Awesome!@

And Rex, this is just an OEM Keybed for DIY projects. It is not a housed unit with any circuitry.
jbdiver
I thought Devin had closed the Pro2021 project. Are you guys going to handle the kit for him now? It might be the nicest DIY synth project I've worked on in the past 20 years. The engineering, casework, and instructions are very high quality.

The fatar keybed is really nice (don't forget about the connector cable). It took me about 2 months to get this keybed from an Italian distributor, so having a distributor in the states would be really beneficial.
synthcube
jbdiver wrote:
I thought Devin had closed the Pro2021 project. Are you guys going to handle the kit for him now? It might be the nicest DIY synth project I've worked on in the past 20 years. The engineering, casework, and instructions are very high quality.

The fatar keybed is really nice (don't forget about the connector cable). It took me about 2 months to get this keybed from an Italian distributor, so having a distributor in the states would be really beneficial.

yes, with gratitude to devin, that's the plan-- we are very excited to do so...
devinw1
jbdiver wrote:

Thanks so much for the kind words sir! I am stoked to be working towards getting the kits available through the SynthCube people!
JanneI
Congratz Devin, so pleased to hear that you are doing another run of the great pro-one diy kit project! I have build over dozen large scale diy projects and this is easily in the top3 of everything I've build! If you want to build one of the best diy keyboard mono analog synth, this is it!!! Everything is top notch. Big thumbs up!!
Purveyor2
I couldn’t get in on the original run. Very interested in this.
devinw1
JanneI wrote:
Congratz Devin, so pleased to hear that you are doing another run of the great pro-one diy kit project! I have build over dozen large scale diy projects and this is easily in the top3 of everything I've build! If you want to build one of the best diy keyboard mono analog synth, this is it!!! Everything is top notch. Big thumbs up!!

Thanks Janne! Very much appreciated! smile Guinness ftw!
elemental59437
Count me in for 2 pro2021 kits (and keybeds)!
tobb
devinw1 wrote:
I am stoked to be working towards getting the kits available through the SynthCube people!

thumbs up
Low Life
I'm interested in the pro2021 kit, and if it makes sense shipping/tax etc. wise (I'm in Europe) I would bundle in the keyboard too.
Chrutil
I'd love to get in on two Fatar keybeds
Kevin Mitchell
It would cost under $110 to order one from Itally (newgroove). But I'm certainly interested in any stock of TP/9S keybeds w00t I'd need one for my Pro-one itch

-KM
devinw1
Kevin Mitchell wrote:
It would cost under $110 to order one from Itally (newgroove). But I'm certainly interested in any stock of TP/9S keybeds w00t I'd need one for my Pro-one itch

-KM

That is true, but NG has proven to be a bit...unreliable haha. The shipment for those first kit builders who went with them took what like 2 months at least? Mr. Green
megaohm
synthcube wrote:

At the moment, we plan to stock the 37 TP/9S, Semi-weighted+AFTERTOUCH version.

Aftertouch...bless you for that!!!
For the interest check, I would buy one sometime in the next couple months.
gslug
My wallet is not going to thank me, but I'm in for a keybed and Pro2021 kit. Thanks for organising!
diophantine
Definitely would get at least one keybed & Pro2021 kit. Just hoping there will be ongoing availability, or that my wallet can recover from some plumbing emergencies first. screaming goo yo

(And happy to pre-order keybed(s) if the Pro2021 is definitely going to follow!)
mosheen
I'm interested in a keybed.
TheMentat
I’m in for a Keybed!
Rex Coil 7
Can we get a look at this keybed? Perhaps an image of some sort?

hmmm.....

EDIT: I can personally vouch for the perfection that is the FATAR TP/9S. At one point I had two Dot Com 61 note QKB61 keybeds, which are FATAR TP/9S units. the Dot Com units not only offer velocity and aftertouch, but release velocity as well. I reckon that's a function of the TP/9S and maybe not some trickery that Dot Com cooked up.

thumbs up
weasel79
as for a picture, here you go. the waldorf kb37 features uses the same fatar 37 key w aftertouch. not sure if/how much the waldorf one is weighted, as fatar does different amounts of semi-weigthed on demand. also read some (unconfirmed) rumours the moog subsequent also uses a tp9/s.

i am definately in for 2 sets, thanks for the group buy opportunity.

this is basically the best 37key keybed you can buy. the better TP8/s keybed does not come in 37keys. and even doepfer, one of the only fatar "retailers" doesn't even carry 37s with AT.

edit: would also be interested in different size if you consider ordering more. i have 61 TP8 AT at hand, but looking for 49 tp8's or tp9 w/ AT.
devinw1
I'm surprised I don't have better pictures of it... lol. This is from Fatar and it does look like this:

And Rex_Coil_7 I agree... the feeling of these boards is very very nice. Just the perfect amount of weight to feel like professional grade keyboard, but light enough to play lightning fast synth lines!
Kevin Mitchell
If I could find a supplier for the 44 key ones I'd...

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
It's peanut butter jelly time!
Dead Banana
JanneI
Kevin Mitchell wrote:
If I could find a supplier for the 44 key ones I'd...

...for a minimoog clone? Just chop a new 49 fatar..

https://www.newgroove.it/vendita/fatar-49tp9s-tastiera-4-ottave/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2