MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TED Talk w/ Buchla
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author TED Talk w/ Buchla
renny3c
I gave a TED talk about a month or so ago and the video is finally up!

Overall it was a really fun experience; the prep, getting to know the other people who gave talks, but the faces of everyone when they first see the system... priceless.

According to the description (which I didn´t write)
This talk highlights the amazing ways in which a simple handmade machine can create sounds and how their intertwine to create music.

"simple handmade machine"... hilarious

During the process "they" made the audio mono and distorted, which is a bummer, but the message still gets across.

Anyways, just doing my part spreading the Gospel of Buchla.
cheers!

Prunesquallor
Nice! Shame about the shitty audio, but you rocked! cool
Kent
Will be a while before I watch. Will add commentary on that when I get the chance. However, I’m wondering how you got tapped for the gig. How’d that come together?
renny3c
Prunesquallor wrote:
Nice! Shame about the shitty audio, but you rocked! cool
thanks! it was quite fun!
renny3c
Kent wrote:
Will be a while before I watch. Will add commentary on that when I get the chance. However, I’m wondering how you got tapped for the gig. How’d that come together?

I brought two JDI Direct Input boxes which fed into the mixer, I checked levels in the mixer and left a healthy amount of headroom. The level and sound inside the venue was at it should. (I even used the Garden of Joy joystick module to pan around the venue.)

I was the first speaker... my guess is that the Gain in the camera equipment was set too high and clipped that input.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1