MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet Time Machine Build Docs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Blacet Time Machine Build Docs
limpmeat
I bought the PCB from Blacet about 9 years ago, and in the 5 or 6 houses I've moved between since then, I've lost the build docs/BOM.

does anybody have these?

I have one that is half built and want to finish it off.
diophantine
Have you tried contacting Blacet?

Is this the Frac or MOTM version? If Frac, what revision?
diablojoy
I should have them somewhere will take me some time to find though, properly buried lol .
limpmeat
After hearing the sad news of John's passing, I was reminded of my unfinished project.

I did contact Blacet last year, he did not have a copy of the schematics/build docs, but one of the manual which he offered to sell me for $15 plus postage (around $10-15). I decided to look again for the build docs, but no luck and project went onto the backburner again.

I know John didn't want his schematics widely distributed, and he seemed to be old school in that he couldn't send me a digital copy. All cool by me.

I suppose I don't even really need the schematics, the BOM is what I am most interested in and the trimming procedure. Can anybody help?
sduck
Didn't I already send you this? Maybe not. I'd have to scan it, let me know if you haven't gotten it already.
limpmeat
Hi Sduck, no I don't have it anywhere. Maybe I missed it?

Anyways I've had someone PM offering to send it, if that falls through I'll let you know.
rosch
I should have it, i bought the MOTM board and the chip in 2010. Got to scan it (or photograph)

yes got it here
chachi
i’d like to open up a larger discussion about the Blacet manuals/BOMs/docs and maybe that should have it’s own thread, but i finally got my Binary Zone (thanks Bruno!) without docs and am unsure what to do about getting some.
sduck
I've got binary zone docs, will scan them if needed. Although can't do it until Monday.

As far as your thread, see this one, see if it's along the same lines - https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=221135
chachi
thanks sduck, i may take you up on that but i would like to know how everybody in the community views this. at some point it may be time to open up john’s designs, i don’t know when that time is within law or public opinion but it’s interesting ti talk about for me.
sduck
Bruno, whoever he is, should have really included the docs when you bought it. The way John packaged the kits/modules and docs, it would be hard to lose them. I would assume that he specified that there were no docs.
chachi
see my post in the other thread, i myself have them stored in a binder that i don’t really see except to put more of the blacet docs in it and since most modules don’t usually have included documentation IME it’s easy to forget. but i will check with bruno, 7 slimer member warnton in seemingly good standing.
Rob_C
chachi wrote:
thanks sduck, i may take you up on that but i would like to know how everybody in the community views this. at some point it may be time to open up john’s designs, i don’t know when that time is within law or public opinion but it’s interesting ti talk about for me.

It's not up to you or me or public opinion to "open up" John's designs or do anything else related to his intellectual property. John's designs are owned by the Blacet estate. It is up to the estate to decide what to do. You already know John's intent: do not share schematics with those who don't own the module. And it's been stated that the Blacet store may be opened again by someone specified by John or by the estate. No one here gains any "rights" because John is deceased. Legally and especially ethically, things continue as if John was still alive. If you want to modify his designs or enter into a partnership to sell his modules (as some here have offered), contact the estate for permission and presumably a legal agreement.
chachi
i just want the original documentation provided with this module and sort of wanted to open up a level headed discussion about it and will support the estate, but i don’t need a bunch of bullshit about it. if you guys don’t think i need the docs then hey, apparently i don’t. fuck, not trying to get anything for free here, just trying to TALK ABOUT IT. people are fuckin KEYED UP. i’m out on it.
BugBrand
I don't see there being an issue with private sharing on the basis of you having the module/PCB - opening them up is a whole different kettle of fish though, as highlighted in the other current thread.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1