MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Organelle
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author New Organelle
Shrigg
This dropped a few days ago. Now an OP-1 killer?

https://www.critterandguitari.com/organelle

Boofin Moonrocks
I'm a little bummed that I bought an og one a couple months ago confused
12eightyfive
A bunch of folks are stung by C&G giving NO notice on this - the last few months there was a lot of "When is (original) Organelle going to be back in stock?" on the FB group and C and G message board. I myself resorted to ordering one from Europe. C and G's response: "We apologize to our customers who feel they were burned by the launch timing of the M - this was not our intention." I think that could have been made clearer by them responding more straightforwardly when people were asking about re-stock. I think their response to Organelle 1 stock queries was "They'll be back in stock in a few weeks!" when they could have said "Hey, actually wait 20 more days and we'll have an improved version". Who knows, maybe they had like 50 organelle 1s that were 75% built and were just waiting a few buttons from the factory. But what are we gonna do? They don't owe us a heads up. They're a smallish company. Stings though.

I wonder if the backlash would be less if the design was a *little* bit different - different color, light up keys, name etc. I'm on the fence - on the one hand, it's a cool update: I could take it in my car with me, play it on lunch breaks, yelp into the microphone and hear it back through an on-board speaker. On the other hand - it is still the (not so) cheap alternative to an OP-1: some patches dazzle, most are gimmicks, you can only really do one thing at a time (I'm not an Orac fan, but bless those who find joy in it and I think it's an amazing bit of code!), and I can't shake the thinness of the sound. Never been into iPad synths and this feels like those. I have a hard time finding use of mine anywhere outside of the 'track's almost done, time to add some weird crap' phase of my workflow. But still... mobility... maybe I'll get another one?

Video is amazing, love that.
Boofin Moonrocks
I'm just such a huge sucker for portability, even though I never seem to actually leave my apartment with an instrument. I wish they had put 16 buttons on the bottom row for this redesign so sequencers made a little more sense, but I suppose that would break compatibility with the old one
calaveras
Boofin Moonrocks wrote:

I'm in the same boat. This MKII version adds in the MIDI and battery powering that should have been in the first version. I suppose this should prompt me to stop watching Star Trek re-runs and actually crack open the Pure Data install I downloaded.

I can't be too salty. I picked mine up at a store going out of business sale, basically for cost.
Boofin Moonrocks
calaveras wrote:
Boofin Moonrocks wrote:

I'm in the same boat. This MKII version adds in the MIDI and battery powering that should have been in the first version. I suppose this should prompt me to stop watching Star Trek re-runs and actually crack open the Pure Data install I downloaded.

I can't be too salty. I picked mine up at a store going out of business sale, basically for cost.

I'm pretty behind on star trek reruns, so I'm probably going to end up trying to sell my organelle and upgrading to the new one so I can bring it over to the couch and multitask.

I wonder if critter & guitari are still working on the onda? I feel like it would have been cooler if they did an "organelle 2" instead, and integrated the light up buttons of the onda into this organelle revision and created a real monster of a device. Oh well
Gribs
I have been fence-sitting on this device for what seems like forever. I still don’t know...
powertran
WTF am I watching. Wheres the guy with a beard?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1