MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Question about fine tune on the 'e' oscillators and memory
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Question about fine tune on the 'e' oscillators and memory
corkyburger
Hi,

I just got the amazing Studio H router module and I'm really happy with it, but it has thrown up an interesting issue with my 'e' oscillators.

I've used the fine tuning knobs plenty of times to get things tuned how I need them, and I always assumed (because I never noticed any issues) that the positions of those knobs were saved with the preset. Now I'm not so sure!

I've been experimenting with using the signal router and getting 4 oscillators to track nicely with the 251e sequencer. All is good and I save my patch, but when I return (after a substantial power down period) the tuning of the oscillators is out by about a semi tone and I need to tweak the fine tuning knobs....

So my question is, are those fine tuning knob positions saved with presets?

Something strange is happening here and my brain isn't powerful enough to figure it out!

Any one else using the same kind of setup experiencing anything similar (the tuning not the brain weakness)?

Thanks
mutierend
Is this with the 259e and 261e?

I've found that the 261e doesn't tune correctly until my system has been on for five to ten minutes. Maybe that's confirmation bias or some kind of voodoo. The 258e seems to like to warm up a bit too, but it's analog so that makes sense.

The tuning knobs positions are saved with the preset. But remember that their resolution is not particularly fine.
corkyburger
Yes it is the 259e and the 261e.

It is really strange. Every now and again I come back to a patch and those oscillators are off by maybe a semitone or so.

I did a live show last night and that tuning issue caused one of my songs to sound very discordant!

Not really sure what to do about it.

mutierend wrote:
Is this with the 259e and 261e?

I've found that the 261e doesn't tune correctly until my system has been on for five to ten minutes. Maybe that's confirmation bias or some kind of voodoo. The 258e seems to like to warm up a bit too, but it's analog so that makes sense.

The tuning knobs positions are saved with the preset. But remember that their resolution is not particularly fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1