MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Improvised modular techno - NCLSRD Frequencies
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Improvised modular techno - NCLSRD Frequencies
nru
Hello there,

Here is my very first full improvised #modular #techno #liveset.
One hour of pure techno, hope you enjoy it!

You can download this liveset for free on my bandcamp (see link in description)

Cheers!
versipellis
Any recordings without the visuals? Would've loved to have had a clearer look at what was going on
nru
Hi Versipellis, thanks for watching !

I've just uploaded a visual-less version here :
https://youtu.be/S3HfVC_HJuQ

Sorry for the very low cam quality...
I will try to upgrade my cam for the next liveset.

Cheers
okiikahuna
Great stuff! Any chance you could walk us through what your doing? (ie what modules are making the various sounds, what's sequencing them and how the rhythms are being made. Would be very helpful to a noob like me who's just trying to get a grip on how this stuff works)
nru
Thx okiikahuna!
Sorry for this late answer... I was away for a trip.

For this live session I mostly used the following stuff:

2 VCO: malekko richter oscillator & WMD spectrum.

2 filters: wmd pole zero & mmf.

2 EG from tiptop audio.

For drums: mutants hihats, ssf entity BD, thonk prok clap, and noise sources.

For sequencing that I used: vpme euclideen circles, mutable instruments marbles, wmd arpitecht and a turing machine.

I used a radio music for the sampled vocals.

Sometime i used the Minitaur for the bass and the A4 for the chords.

Effects and main clock by the A4 too.

At the end I used a MSCL for a bit of compression....
nru
Hi there,

Here is my last eurorack video. Another fully improvised modular synth techno session.
All melodies are built on the fly using a combinaison of a WMD Arpitecht, a Turing Machine and a Marbles from Mutables Instruments.

No programation with sofisticated sequencers involved.
No computer involved.

Advices and critics are welcome.

loydb
Just watched the first one, and have started the second. I'm enjoying them both.
Ypsi Kid
Good stuff man, would like to hear about your approach/setup if you're willing to share? Always interested to hear how others are doing it (and I see you have a Octatrack as well, do you do any live looping with it?).

Cheers and nice work!
nru
loydb wrote:
Just watched the first one, and have started the second. I'm enjoying them both.

Thank you Loydb!

Ypsi Kid wrote:
Good stuff man, would like to hear about your approach/setup if you're willing to share? Always interested to hear how others are doing it (and I see you have a Octatrack as well, do you do any live looping with it?).

Cheers and nice work!

Thank you too Ypsi Kid! About the approach of this setup, m'y project is to end with a 12U rack optimized for live techno improvisation and without any computer. (Look Mum no computer!)

For this last video you can find details of the rack on my modulargrid account :
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/131062

Concerning the Elektron Gear, in fact it is an A4 and here it is just used as main clock source and Midi synch to the Space reverb.

Cheers!
c0rpse
This is so inspiring. Awesome music, awesome rack, awesome performance! we're not worthy

Exactly what I'm striving for right now.
nru
c0rpse wrote:
This is so inspiring. Awesome music, awesome rack, awesome performance! we're not worthy

Exactly what I'm striving for right now.

Thanks c0rpse!
Wonko The Sane
Good skills fella! I love the mix. Well done.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1