MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY - 4ms - Spherical Wavetable Navigator ( SWN )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY - 4ms - Spherical Wavetable Navigator ( SWN )
schnitzelbub
This thread is about the Informations on how to build a SWN DIY.

Whilst researching about the modules resources and options on how to build it, I reached a point where it was not clear if okay by the license.
So I simply asked 4ms via eMail for permission.

I ended up with a confirmation by Dan Green from 4ms-company, that allows small sized PCBA runs if absolutly nobody is making it for money / salaries / wages or profit. In his view on cc-by-nc-sa 4.0, this is absolutly not a problem. He also encouraged us to share this "knowledge".

Just never sell a DIY Unit or make money with it in any way.

4ms-SWN github:
https://github.com/4ms/SWN

User Files = BOM incl. MPN and Eagle Panel here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oU4EbLq0GpnErPX0WOXC_SErXtoS4mdc

Actually the Panel includes a little modification on the RGB Push Buttons, because they are extremly rare and hard to source in small quantities.

In the end, I decided to go for one type, size and colour of RGB Push Button.

After 2 weeks of writing around the world, Mouser seems to offer one type of RGB Push Button as factory order with a multiply of 1 and a price of 3,32€ before tax.
From Todays view, this seems to be the best bet on easy sourcing this style of Footprint RGB Tact Switch.

Panel Preview:
steviet
This is absolutely awesome!!! Great work, and super cool on 4MS' part to let this all go on.

100% going to give this a try/add this to my ever growing backlog of DIY. Do you have any shots of your completed build?
djthopa
uh oh one for after the summer!
forestcaver
steviet wrote:
This is absolutely awesome!!! Great work, and super cool on 4MS' part to let this all go on.

100% going to give this a try/add this to my ever growing backlog of DIY. Do you have any shots of your completed build?

It’s not built yet - it’s ongoing to sort out the hardware, parts and adapt the fw to fit the parts chosen..... :-)

But, yes, 4ms are absolutely awesome !!!
steviet
Ahhhh I see. Very exciting news either way! I'll be slapping one of these together the moment it is possible!
notnews
If a community PCB order scheme develops, I'm down for one board for sure! 4MS rocks.
forestcaver
Fully working (the photo doesnt do it justice at all)
What an awesome module!
Definitely not a module to diy to save money - only for the fun of it

OIP
wow props! amazing

having looked at the PCB i'm not sure if 'fun' is the first word that springs to mind
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1