MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY - 4ms - Spherical Wavetable Navigator ( SWN )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY - 4ms - Spherical Wavetable Navigator ( SWN )
schnitzelbub
This thread is about the Informations on how to build a SWN DIY.

Whilst researching about the modules resources and options on how to build it, I reached a point where it was not clear if okay by the license.
So I simply asked 4ms via eMail for permission.

I ended up with a confirmation by Dan Green from 4ms-company, that allows small sized PCBA runs if absolutly nobody is making it for money / salaries / wages or profit. In his view on cc-by-nc-sa 4.0, this is absolutly not a problem. He also encouraged us to share this "knowledge".

Just never sell a DIY Unit or make money with it in any way.

4ms-SWN github:
https://github.com/4ms/SWN

User Files = BOM incl. MPN and Eagle Panel here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oU4EbLq0GpnErPX0WOXC_SErXtoS4mdc

Actually the Panel includes a little modification on the RGB Push Buttons, because they are extremly rare and hard to source in small quantities.

In the end, I decided to go for one type, size and colour of RGB Push Button.

After 2 weeks of writing around the world, Mouser seems to offer one type of RGB Push Button as factory order with a multiply of 1 and a price of 3,32€ before tax.
From Todays view, this seems to be the best bet on easy sourcing this style of Footprint RGB Tact Switch.

Panel Preview:
steviet
This is absolutely awesome!!! Great work, and super cool on 4MS' part to let this all go on.

100% going to give this a try/add this to my ever growing backlog of DIY. Do you have any shots of your completed build?
djthopa
uh oh one for after the summer!
forestcaver
steviet wrote:
This is absolutely awesome!!! Great work, and super cool on 4MS' part to let this all go on.

100% going to give this a try/add this to my ever growing backlog of DIY. Do you have any shots of your completed build?

It’s not built yet - it’s ongoing to sort out the hardware, parts and adapt the fw to fit the parts chosen..... :-)

But, yes, 4ms are absolutely awesome !!!
steviet
Ahhhh I see. Very exciting news either way! I'll be slapping one of these together the moment it is possible!
notnews
If a community PCB order scheme develops, I'm down for one board for sure! 4MS rocks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1