MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Casio FZ 1 Midi Sample Dump
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Casio FZ 1 Midi Sample Dump
resetlfo
anyone up there knows how to send wav to a Casio Fz1 ?
I am trying to get some info around , but really couldn't see anything .
thanks a lot !
void23
It's been ages since I've used it that way, but I believe Sound Forge still supports SDS.
jbuonacc
are you asking about software that can do this, or how to get it working with the FZ-1? couldn't have been too hard to figure out, i didn't even have a manual for it (used Steinberg 'Avalon' at the time).

the free C6 software from Elektron (for the MD-UW) should work as well, i used that with an E-mu e4X years back.
reubenfinger
It does not support SDS as far as I know and has it's own standard, It can be finnicky and yes you are mostly dealing with old systems or emulators, on mac os9 [so theoretically sheepshaver] Passport Alchemy works. http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/alchemy-30 to edit and transfer.

On windows 98 etc the msdos program FZedit or you have Awave which can convert and save to FZ format [fzf, fzb etc) so that can be used to say batch convert your wavs and then save & transfer to a floppy emulator like hxc to be loaded by the FZ, obviously restricted by memory, that works quite well if you are planning ahead or have specific libraries in mind, but it is only dealing with the raw sample, once edited on the FZ, you will have to resave with edits/banks.

At that point the most direct route is just sampling into the Casio's inputs

So it can be done, but not straight forward.....Best of Luck

ps this project was around for a while not sure if it's happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PlaRc3yURQ

and this shows pc transfer with fzedit [sampler specific software] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNR_5tR88Ec
resetlfo
jbuonacc wrote:
are you asking about software that can do this, or how to get it working with the FZ-1? couldn't have been too hard to figure out, i didn't even have a manual for it (used Steinberg 'Avalon' at the time).

the free C6 software from Elektron (for the MD-UW) should work as well, i used that with an E-mu e4X years back.

Yes I was asking a software , new or old .

I have problem in the workflow with samplers which cannot audio input monitor before you sampling.

I truly love the FZ , sick sounding , but sampling process a bit tiring after a while .
jbuonacc
resetlfo wrote:
Yes I was asking a software , new or old.

the post by reubenfinger is good info and reminds me of how little i remember about it. for example, i couldn't have been trying to send it wav files from the Atari, but sounds that were generated by the 'Avalon' software itself. i don't remember what i had to do on the FZ itself, if anything. your post reminds me that i don't even remember not being able to monitor the audio when sampling. it at least shows the input/threshold level, right?

sorry for any confusion, it's been almost twenty years since i had the FZ. of all the gear i've owned, that's one that i wish i held onto. not so much the FZ-1, but i had a like-new FZ-20M as well.
Dcramer
I also had an FZ-1 (expanded) and an Atari running Avalon and yes you could send samples back and forth over a MIDI cable, very slow but it worked.
I’m sure the MIDI implementation chart shows if it’s SDS or proprietary.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1