MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wow a joystick!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Wow a joystick!
dkcg
A Wowa Cwejman joystick to be more precise, like a Cwejman should be.

http://bigcitymusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_18&pr oducts_id=187&zenid=67e0007c23dcba67a98bc84119c16fb8

Looks like it's going into production?! Wonder if the other "future modules" will get into production too.
anselmi
nanners

I wonder if you can use it as 4 independent VCAs too...looking at the panel it seems like yes!

individual outs. 2 sub-mixes and master mix out with CV control too! similar to VCA-4MX plus a joystick control...very nice

I bet it will cost 700 or something similar
l e b e r
coolio.... lets hope it's
consumed
l e b e r wrote:
coolio.... lets hope it's

add a 0 to the end of that and you might be close?
numan7

smile
numan7
maaaaaaannnnnn angry just when i'd sworn off cwejman - if only he didn't make such awesome modules... cry

cheers,
n7
boramx
this is very similar to a design soon to be released by Karl Ekdahl. i think i've convinced him to do it in euro, but first it will be a "standalone" like the Moisturizer.

Karl's design has more features than this one. I'm bummed actually that a similar idea is in the works elsewhere.
numan7
cool thumbs up - i'll definitely check out the ekdahl stick!!! - the moisturizer looks totally martian!

cheers,
n7
anselmi
boramx wrote:
this is very similar to a design soon to be released by Karl Ekdahl. i think i've convinced him to do it in euro, but first it will be a "standalone" like the Moisturizer.

Karl's design has more features than this one. I'm bummed actually that a similar idea is in the works elsewhere.

cool, but...you know...cwejman is more about sound than features...
chinard
interesting design w00t
I would imagine that with cwejman quality these vca's would sound rather nice when used as an audio vector mixer.

i also like the fact that it looks like cwejman has gone back to the greenish/grey rather than the creem colour. i have to admit that was a bit of a put-off.
jca
I think I'll sell my car and get one.
dkcg
chinard wrote:
interesting design w00t
I would imagine that with cwejman quality these vca's would sound rather nice when used as an audio vector mixer.

i also like the fact that it looks like cwejman has gone back to the greenish/grey rather than the creem colour. i have to admit that was a bit of a put-off.

I bet they will sound clean and also pass CVs like all his VCAs.
I have a feeling it will be the new off white color, my guess is this is the same image from back when everything was green and this was just a plan.
Cat-A-Tonic
I'm pretty sure you can patch the same thing up with a Blacet Super VCA and a joystick.
chinard
dkcg wrote:

I have a feeling it will be the new off white color, my guess is this is the same image from back when everything was green and this was just a plan.

oh well, thats why the gods invented spraypaint!
monroe
good.
Audio Resistance
That looks the tits!
Leisure Cove
boramx wrote:

I believe Matmos had a prototype (?) Ekdahl joystick with them on their most recent tour (w/ So Percussion). At least, that's what it looked like... same case as the Moisturizer (which they had on stage as well). I'll be keeping my eye out for the Ekdahl box, Euro-format or otherwise for sure.
boramx
^ja, that's it!
ersatzplanet
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can patch the same thing up with a Blacet Super VCA and a joystick.

Actually to do quad panning with 4 VCAs and a joystick is not a easy thing to do. If you think about the logic L R F B positions of the joystick and the voltages that come out of a joystick you will see that there are "funny" places in the joysticks positions that don't map to the "places" in the quad field you would expect them to. You may do better by cross connecting a couple of stereo panners and a mixer to do the job. I don't remember the problems of doing it with a standard joystick right at this moment but I remember trying it once and it didn't work as expected.
What interest me is that I thought there was a patent preventing people from making quad joystick panners otherwise you would see a lot more of them in midi controllers etc. but after a fast google scan I cant seem to see anything except the encoding patents.
I see "location modulation" (as we used to call it in the day) as the next cool thing to do with synthesizers - especially in live situations. Things like Stereo and Quad panning at near audio rates etc. - a psychoacoustic playground for sure.
Cat-A-Tonic
ersatzplanet wrote:
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:

Actually to do quad panning with 4 VCAs and a joystick is not a easy thing to do. If you think about the logic L R F B positions of the joystick and the voltages that come out of a joystick you will see that there are "funny" places in the joysticks positions that don't map to the "places" in the quad field you would expect them to. You may do better by cross connecting a couple of stereo panners and a mixer to do the job. I don't remember the problems of doing it with a standard joystick right at this moment but I remember trying it once and it didn't work as expected.

The Blacet Super VCA is a pair of stereo panners or crossfaders with built in voltage inverters for the CV, and a mixer.
I don't have one, but others have had success using it for vector synthesis.
I'm not sure if the Wiard JAG is necessary for quad panning with the Super VCA, but it is apparently quite useful for manual quad crossfades.
I hope Malekko releases a version of the JAG at some point.
nickciontea
i talked with malekko this weekend and heard that they have been working on teh JAG but becuase of the size differences there is a lot of testing and R&D that they are working out to make sure its teh best possible reincarnation.
Seracs
Wonder when these will start showing up.
Popski
I for one prefer the cream to the green..
but I don't own any cwjman yet so mayhaps I should shut my face hole
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1