MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elektron Analog Rytm sample polyphony - Quick Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Elektron Analog Rytm sample polyphony - Quick Question
acidbob
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I had my RYTM for some time but have not gotten around using that much. I am working on this track atm. And I am somehow hitting a limitation somewhere, not sure if the machine needs to be set up differently.

Bassdrum, Tom, Hihat should all be different machines (Circuits)
But if I am not using the analog sounds and just load in samples, I cant seem to get them to play on top of each other, there seems to be choking.

Am I correct in assuming that for each 8 analog voices I should be able to play 8 samples as well without any choking?

I cant seem to find a choke menu, like the MD, am I missing something.

Or maybe the sample engine is not poly and can only play one sample at the time? I really hope that is not the case...
Jason Brock
8 voices max, no matter if you are using synthesis and/or samples on a pad.
The choke groups are hard-wired and you can't change them. They are marked by the little bar graphics on the front panel between certain pads, meaning those two pads share a voice and will choke each other.
The 8 voices are as follows:

Pad 1
Pad 2
Pads 3 | 4
Pad 5
Pad 6
Pads 7 | 8
Pads 9 | 10
Pads 11 | 12
acidbob
Jason Brock wrote:
8 voices max, no matter if you are using synthesis and/or samples on a pad.
The choke groups are hard-wired and you can't change them. They are marked by the little bar graphics on the front panel between certain pads, meaning those two pads share a voice and will choke each other.
The 8 voices are as follows:

Pad 1
Pad 2
Pads 3 | 4
Pad 5
Pad 6
Pads 7 | 8
Pads 9 | 10
Pads 11 | 12

Thanks a bunch good sir, I just swapped the sounds on my pads and now its working like it should.
Would have been cool if choke groups could be disabled when using samples, or just bypass the analog circuit. But yeah, I am still happy with the machine. Bought it used for peanuts. I like how it sounds.

Note: Trig mutes can play tricks on you smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1