MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland r8m, r8, r8mkii
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Roland r8m, r8, r8mkii
CoreInside
Anyone here got the roland r8? I love my mkii, it’s dope. I have all the cards for it too. The sound is awesome. The r8m has room for 3 cards.
coolshirtdotjpg
I have the Mk1 with the Ethnic Percussion card. It's great, but I haven't gotten around to making a track with it. I really should.
Wendyl
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
I have the Mk1 with the Ethnic Percussion card. It's great, but I haven't gotten around mega joker slot to making a track with it. I really should.

I have the same.
tron23
r8m with a few cards. Guinness ftw!
thee ghost ov n_phay
I had an R8m for quite a few years, I used it a lot, dug the sounds loads too (had electronic, ethnic and latin cards) the only critique i wold have had was that it was a bit light on cymbal variations. I flogged it when I got "kontakt" and sonic couture variable ambience drums library. Sometimes wish that I'd kept hold of it nevertheless. Great unit anyway.
heckadecimal69
I had the mk2, and later the r5 for awhile. They're so awesome. The sequencer rules, but I would run out of note memory way before filling up the patterns. I gotta dig out the (unreleased) tape I made with the r8mk2.

Listening a lot to the newly freeleased old Autechre demo tapes, they're all over them.
HerrX
Had an mk2 in the early 2000s, have the R8 now, with all the cards. My favorite drum machine ever, and I've had a bunch. If the display was backlit, it would be absolute perfection to me. Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1